some old corps photos

Does anyone have any pictures of 1986, 1987, or 1990 Cadets?

I'm sure that people have posted Garfield/Cadets photos from those years. Just go to the bottom left-hand corner of this thread and type in Garfield and/or Cadets in the search field (and then also those years), and you should see several photos. You may have to change your search terms a bit to get what you want.

Look closely, though. Regiment's were Ludwigs. These are Slingerlands. Troopers must have done a do-it-yourself on these.

As someone else said, drumlines went nuts trying to come up with a projection concept.

They were all custom jobs, regardless of brand. Marty at Phantom started the cut-shell thing by chopping up his Ludwigs himself, and others followed suit. I remember Troop doing it (obviously) and Freelancers. Cadets and Sky Ryders drilled holes between their lug casings too, as I recall... didn't BD do it too in 81?

They were all custom jobs, regardless of brand. Marty at Phantom started the cut-shell thing by chopping up his Ludwigs himself, and others followed suit. I remember Troop doing it (obviously) and Freelancers. Cadets and Sky Ryders drilled holes between their lug casings too, as I recall... didn't BD do it too in 81?

As if the drumline needs to be louder!... :laugh:

I am jealous of every corps photo. I marched 73, 74, 76 and 77. We NEVER took a group photo of the corps. I know they took a photo in 72, and DCI started them in a big way in 1980. Great memories for those that marched.

Chantel is Jacques Boullion's sister. Jacques marched tenors in 81, 82, and 83. He was a great member.

And that equipment truck below the pot of gold was painted by none other than drum major Billy Kadra (sp?).

does anyone know what happened to the 5th bass Spero Whiteside?

Hey check this picture out. It's the Freelancers but look down front. The runners are the 1976 St. Anthony's Imperials of Everett, MA. Until 1977 DCI use to run the winter color guard championships but during DCI week. in 1977 the champions were Holly Hawks and then WGI started in 1978.

freelancers.JPG

PS. I liked this uniform the best of all their uniforms.

Sky cut their snares in 1984. Devils did put holes in their snares in 81. Garfield did it in 82.

More pictures!

California Dons, 1984.

UNTITLED43.jpg

Cavaliers, Whitewater, 1981. Setting up the hot move in closer...

UNTITLED15.jpg

...And stepping over. And the crowd goes wild.

UNTITLED17.jpg

Edited by tommytimp

Does anyone have a picture of the opening set from The Blue Devils '76 show?

In reference to the snare drum sound projection, BD in '81, in fact, did put holes in the shell ALONG with a cut off portion of a soprano bell! Very different, unique and, I thought, attractive. I remember spending a whole day at the Monterey camp working on it!

The following photos are from th 1988 Saginaw,MI Drums Across the Valley program.

Bluecoats

Bluecoatsfromthe1988DAVprogram.jpg