some old corps photos

This shot is from 1976. Audubon Bon Bons all girl from New Jersey. Taken in Canada. Hope the picture posts, I am new at this.

Sorry this did not post. Back to the drawing board.lol

Edited by beagus

This shot is from 1976. Audubon Bon Bons all girl from New Jersey. Taken in Canada. Hope the picture posts, I am new at this.

Sorry this did not post. Back to the drawing board.lol

bonbons76.jpg

You missed the opening bracket in your first IMG tag. Fixed!

1976 Revisited!!

78BridgemenCollapse-1.jpg

I think that's 1978, because Madison is waiting on the sidelines. 27th followed Bridgemen in 1976 - I remember it well. Oh, and the sign in the back does say 1978, I think. Great picture, either way!!

Brian "Northern Thunder" sent me these pages. He says not too many corps did things like this. These were from our home show program in 1977.

scan0001.jpg

I think that's 1978, because Madison is waiting on the sidelines. 27th followed Bridgemen in 1976 - I remember it well. Oh, and the sign in the back does say 1978, I think. Great picture, either way!!

Yes...It is 1978. My reference of "revisited" was to 1976 when the Bridgemen came out and threw the drum corps world on its ear with the long coats, low mark-time, a fun show and, at DCI finals in Philly, collapsed at the end of the show. I think 1/2 the crowd was appalled, 1/2 thought it was great but everyone was shocked!

Yes...It is 1978. My reference of "revisited" was to 1976 when the Bridgemen came out and threw the drum corps world on its ear with the long coats, low mark-time, a fun show and, at DCI finals in Philly, collapsed at the end of the show. I think 1/2 the crowd was appalled, 1/2 thought it was great but everyone was shocked!

I was one of the first horn players through the tunnel in Philly in 76. I entered just as the stadium erupted in cheers. I thought the applause and screams were for us. Then I looked at the field, saw the Bridgemen laying on the field, and I thought, "####, we're dead". We edged by them, but just barely.

You missed the opening bracket in your first IMG tag. Fixed!

Thank you very much.

bea