some old corps photos

Who's that guy standing behind Pierre Ogea??? :devil:

Hey, I'd forgotten Pierre marched Blue Stars! He marched snare with Blue Devils in...1981 I think? CRS strikes again. I'll have to dig out the yearbooks to make sure.

I marched next to Pierre in '81. He was such riot and made everyone laugh! Yet, "on the clock," he was amazingly intense. We reunited in '06 at DCA snare individuals and he hadn't changed a bit, i.e., so much fun to be around! He is currently participating in a pipe and drum band. Where is he standing in the picture? I think I know but am not sure.

I marched next to Pierre in '81. He was such riot and made everyone laugh! Yet, "on the clock," he was amazingly intense. We reunited in '06 at DCA snare individuals and he hadn't changed a bit, i.e., so much fun to be around! He is currently participating in a pipe and drum band. Where is he standing in the picture? I think I know but am not sure.

Yes, I remember Pierre as being very intertaining LOL!

Locate the blond man next to the drum major/captain trio. Go up to the 5th row (the first two are both at ground level) and you should see him. (I think -- I could be TOTALLY wrong!)

post-2-1110495550.jpg

Who's that guy standing behind Pierre Ogea??? :rolleyes:

Guilty as charged. Pierre was a lot of fun. When we would stop for food and the lines were out the door, Pierre and I would use the drive thru using our frisbees as steering wheels (and plates). The fast food people hated that, but by the time they saw us they had already made our order and we always got served while everyone else was still standing in line. Took both of us jumping hard on the bell cord to make them think a car had gone through but it worked every time.

Guilty as charged. Pierre was a lot of fun. When we would stop for food and the lines were out the door, Pierre and I would use the drive thru using our frisbees as steering wheels (and plates). The fast food people hated that, but by the time they saw us they had already made our order and we always got served while everyone else was still standing in line. Took both of us jumping hard on the bell cord to make them think a car had gone through but it worked every time.

OMG, what a funny story! Good thing I hadn't just taken a sip of soda before I read this, 'cause I laughed out loud, scaring the cat at this late hour!!

Thanks for sharing in this FABULOUS thread!

P.S. LOVE your username, btw!

Locate the blond man next to the drum major/captain trio. Go up to the 5th row (the first two are both at ground level) and you should see him. (I think -- I could be TOTALLY wrong!)

Here's an easier clue to find people.....if you look in the fifth row, you'll see a guy with a mohawk.....his hairdo is touching a flag that is being held by Corkie. To his right and down a row (or, to your left and down a row) is MarimbasaurusRex. To HIS right and down a row (or, to your left and down a row) is uncle z. Directly in front of Cliff and to my left is Pierre.

Also in this picture are DCPers Dawn, mcjordansc, Big Eupho, ContraJohn, piperguy and probably some more I'm forgetting..... :rolleyes:

what I want to know is: what is the drum major on our right (their left) looking at? I think he's saying: "Ooo... hey. There's a little burrito stand right over there..."

PolishFalconsWilliamsburgBrooklynap.jpg

Polish Falcons: Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York City

(Competed as an M&M corps beating Holy Name at West New York, May 30th, 1942)

My father, John Tyburczy, is seated third, left to right, next to intructor.