some old corps photos

Here's a great shot. This was taken as the judges were being introduced before finals in 1980.

finalscrowd80.jpg

Hey, I'm in that shot !! Look about six rows from the top of the stadium, on the 50 yardline. :tongue:

That was 1972,

That makes the timing exactly right. I'm guessing my band directors ripped off that idea for our 1973 state fair show.

QUOTE (DPEmerald @ Jul 26 2007, 05:16 AM)

Here's a great shot. This was taken as the judges were being introduced before finals in 1980.

Hey, I'm in that shot !! Look about six rows from the top of the stadium, on the 50 yardline. :tongue:

Another shot of 1980 finals. Is it just me or did it seem that more people attended finals back then.

80Finals.jpg

I'm in the shot too. But why didn't somebody tell me my hair looked like that? :w00t:

That was 1972, in 1971 during our "Woodstock" production, there was a simulated attack on the American flag section that was repelled by "Riot Police" complete with smoke bombs and gas masks. Now that being said it's possible that there might have been some previous productions done on the field by high school of college bands. I don't know how it was in other parts of the country but on the east coast at that time, there was no connection in any way, shape or form between bands and drumcorps.

True, that Frank.

But did you say Woodstock? Probably the only time in corps history you'd see a rifle section "arresting" a contra bass section!

The offense?

AttackOnTheFlag.jpg

The gear?

TheMan.jpg

And the aftermath…

TheBox.jpg

What a show!

Puppet

True, that Frank.

But did you say Woodstock? Probably the only time in corps history you'd see a rifle section "arresting" a contra bass section!

The offense?

AttackOnTheFlag.jpg

The gear?

TheMan.jpg

And the aftermath…

TheBox.jpg

What a show!

Puppet

WOW! I've never seen this before. Thanks for sharing these pictures! (Yet another reason this thread is such a treasure trove!) :laughing:

True, that Frank.

The offense?

AttackOnTheFlag.jpg

The gear?

TheMan.jpg

And the aftermath…

TheBox.jpg

What a show!

Puppet

That was a show way ahead of it's time Loved It