some old corps photos

Here is a postcard of the Anaheim Kingsmen from 1971/72 (I'm guessing). If you look close you can almost see people in front of that building.

AKPostCardFront.jpg

Knott’s Berry Farm. I didn’t know that. Pam took me there once in 78 I think. I have an old contest announcement from Aug 16, 1970 Ashtabula, Ohio, sponsored by the Kiwanis Club and the corps names are De La Salle Oaklands, Appleknockers, Shoreliners, VIP’S and Kingsmen from Anahiem (yes, that’s what it says, a small spelling error), California, Official Drum Corps of Disneyland, So. California Champions 1969. In exhibition were the Buckeyes. Not sure if all the corps were there or not, we were at home rehearsing, according to my notes. Small world.

Thanks for the postcard, Greg. :rolleyes:

Edited by lindap

Knott’s Berry Farm. I didn’t know that. Pam took me there once in 78 I think. I have an old contest announcement from Aug 16, 1970 Ashtabula, Ohio, sponsored by the Kiwanis Club and the corps names are De La Salle Oaklands, Appleknockers, Shoreliners, VIP’S and Kingsmen from Anahiem (yes, that’s what it says, a small spelling error), California, Official Drum Corps of Disneyland, So. California Champions 1969. In exhibition were the Buckeyes. Not sure if all the corps were there or not, we were at home rehearsing, according to my notes. Small world.

Thanks for the postcard, Greg. :rolleyes:

Gotta be 71 ....it was the last year they used multi-colored flags. Also the last year for copper timps!

Edited by KingsmenSnare76

Here is a postcard of the Anaheim Kingsmen from 1971/72 (I'm guessing). If you look close you can almost see people in front of that building.

AKPostCardBack.jpg

Cool! That's Don Porter's old home phone number!

Garry in Vegas

Cool! That's Don Porter's old home phone number!

Garry in Vegas

I thought it might be.

1979 Tymps: Brett Steel, Fred (Tut) Beckworth, Dave Vita? and Fred? Mendleson.

I;m pretty sure that Brett brought a couple guys up from the Carolinas to march.

I'll look for a picture

Hey, I know Dave Vita....I think he marched before '79. I'll ask him. :thumbup: Brett aged out in '81......both are from my area.

bsc79%202.jpg

bsc79.jpg

1979 Buckeye State Caballaros

• Like 1

Bluecoats 1978

bluecoats780039.jpg

What...The....f*ck....?

bc81.jpg

1981 Bluecoats

Edited by rlrr

Played around with the color a bit:

bc81.jpg

bsc79.jpg

bsc792.jpg

Gotta be 71 ....it was the last year they used multi-colored flags. Also the last year for copper timps!

I must correct my own post. After looking on xkingsmen.com I found the the postcard is dated 1969....my humble apologies!