some old corps photos

I know who he is, Casper, and no he didn't march in the Alumni venture.....we called him Casper because he was too white for indoors.

His name is Mike Majors....Casper was his nickname. We gave nicknames to many of our members. We even had a "Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum"

We even had a "Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum"

Which one marched Bass Drum in Blue Devils ?

I'm not sure which "Tweedle" he went by in his marching years but I do know he had three DCI Championship rings (79,80,82). He marched with the KAC last summer and I believe he had more rings than anyone else.

Edited by SoundmanG

That would be "Tweedle-Dum" aka Bill Gieman (he'll kill me if he reads this)...he marched cymbals in 76, bass in 77,78 then off the Blue Devils. "Tweedle-Dee" was Steve Warmbier who marched cymbals in 76 and timpani in the alumni corps...he also played timpani in 27th prior to 76...don't know which year.

......"Tweedle-Dee" was Steve Warmbier .........he also played timpani in 27th prior to 76...don't know which year.

Ah...Houston, we have a problem. As a Lancer Legend in my own mind - we never had a Steve Warmbier march in 27th's drumline. I know everyone that marched in 27th's drumline from 70 through 78 - I am sketchy on 79 - and back on track from 80 to 83.

My backup is John2780. He's a legend in his own mind as well - and he knows the 79 timp line.

We had two guys that marched 27th from Kingsmen - they moved to Revere for the 76 season. Bob "Stu" Stewart marched Kingsmen 72-75 and aged out with 27th in 76. He brought along 75 Kingsmen tenor Bruce Gamin - who played keys for us in 76 and aged out on snare in 77 with us.

Ah...Houston, we have a problem. As a Lancer Legend in my own mind - we never had a Steve Warmbier march in 27th's drumline. I know everyone that marched in 27th's drumline from 70 through 78 - I am sketchy on 79 - and back on track from 80 to 83.

My backup is John2780. He's a legend in his own mind as well - and he knows the 79 timp line.

We had two guys that marched 27th from Kingsmen - they moved to Revere for the 76 season. Bob "Stu" Stewart marched Kingsmen 72-75 and aged out with 27th in 76. He brought along 75 Kingsmen tenor Bruce Gamin - who played keys for us in 76 and aged out on snare in 77 with us.

Hmmmm...well as things go this was info I got from the "horses" mouth!!! Perhaps he is dilusional????

Edited by KingsmenSnare76

I named him. Tweedle-Dee was Warmbier and Tweedle-Dum was, well, Tweedle. Warmbier out grew his, and Bill...is still Tweedle.

That would be "Tweedle-Dum" aka Bill Gieman (he'll kill me if he reads this)...he marched cymbals in 76, bass in 77,78 then off the Blue Devils. "Tweedle-Dee" was Steve Warmbier who marched cymbals in 76 and timpani in the alumni corps...he also played timpani in 27th prior to 76...don't know which year.

"Dum"

I'm not sure which "Tweedle" he went by in his marching years but I do know he had three DCI Championship rings (79,80,82). He marched with the KAC last summer and I believe he had more rings than anyone else.

This is interesting infomation... :tongue:

Yeah! A CapitalAires picture! I was on the field somewhere - way in the back - where the guard always was back then!!

Yup, I can relate with guard in back. Or trying to connect elbows with someone way taller than you.

AAG 1977 photo was sent to me from Europe but separated from the accompanying letter. Pam and I were DMs and drill/guard instructors. At the beginning of this performance, the entire unit was facing to your left (guard in back). Pam and I would often whisper to each other during a standstill, realized the audience encircled us, had the horns and drums turn around halfway through the performance and voila, guard in front. Left the bells and tymps for the other half of the circle.

Edit: Oh and I forgot, the guard captain in white on the far right was our centre line.

1977AlbertaGirls-1.jpg

somewhere in the group are cookie, crumb and biscuit, sisters, dad worked for a bakery and there was pumpkin, a red-head...

Edit: Sorry no one was minding the flag. Maybe both were ill or something. It was a 10 week tour and one photo. Sorry.

Edited by lindap