some old corps photos

Actually, she is normal-sized. The rest are all just little tiny people. :ninja:

No here she is out of uniform!

BigGirl.jpg

She is big!

LOL

Puppet

Actually, she is normal-sized. The rest are all just little tiny people. :ninja:

As one of those 'tiny' people (I was a 4 foot nothing rookie and I'm positive she was 10 feet tall back then) Wendy was big in presence, attitude and leadership in a 'don't mess with me' kinda way.

There was a rumour that she ate nails for breakfast.................. :wacko:

kel

Hey Garry, that picture was taken from the June 2, 1974 "Sounds of Youth" souvenir program (at least that's where my picture came from, Nancy may have a different source). It was located next to the written description of the Royal Blues which led me to believe it was the Royal Blues. Maybe they didn't have a current Royal Blues picture at the time and substituted the Squires instead. What do I know I was only 15 years old at the time.

Weren't they in a smaller photo a few pages back?

ColorGuard.jpg

Edited by lindap

Hey Garry, that picture was taken from the June 2, 1974 "Sounds of Youth" souvenir program (at least that's where my picture came from, Nancy may have a different source). It was located next to the written description of the Royal Blues which led me to believe it was the Royal Blues. Maybe they didn't have a current Royal Blues picture at the time and substituted the Squires instead. What do I know I was only 15 years old at the time.

Quite a few people came from the Royal Blues; Gary Smith, David White (both to VK), DeDe Dietel, Greg Whalen, Shirley Holgate (to the Diplomats).

If anyone has pics of that mini corps ... and I do mean mini they were usually really little kids, please post them.

Nancy

Edited by neholgate

That picture also appears on page 50 of the 1972 VK Yearbook in the Squires section. I'm sure it's the Squires guard.

Garry in Vegas

Gotta go with Garry on this one.

I've got the same program, and it says "Royal Blues," but it really has a picture of the Squires.

Here's a shot from that same time period. The Squires had white shirts with black collars and cuffs, and a black stripe down the left side. The flags were yellow/gold on top and black on the bottom.

This is my sister Darla (on flag), girlfriend Corkie (in VK uniform), sister Arleen (rifle) and brothers Andy (snare) and David (bells) circa 1975:

Darla75.jpg

Edited by wsssb