some old corps photos

(Edit: Had to clear out some room in my Photobucket account.)

Edited by byline

72Kingsmen.jpg

tightened it up a bit:

72Kingsmen.jpg

Thanks I haven't seen this since the 80's, The drill was always tough Mr. Jones always had the pecussion doing crazy stuff & putting us in the middle so to speak. :tongue: Wabash canon ball was a cool drum solo we always had pretty good bass rifts in the solo's, I also liked Turkey in the Straw from 1980 & 81 The bass drum solo aound the front, tipping the hat & stoppping for breif moment & finishing with the 3 beats & then the spittoon with the snares spitting in the spittoon & the bass drum hitting a cymbal to sound like the spittoon, Quite corny but fun.

Here you go, big fella. Whitewater 81. Liked this show a lot. The 'Cowboys' rim shots off the line are some of the best ever.

Troopers81_02.jpg

Troopers81_01.jpg

I also have the HI MOM visual from 'Wabash Cannonball' in 82 but I have to find it.

senoritas.jpg

THE SENORITAS OF SAN GABRIEL, CA from 1964 courtesy of Munson Chan's Scrapbook Of Early California Drum Corps.

"Senor Don" is Don Clark, ex-Lakewood Ambassador snare solist and the designer of the Fresno Ferns logos.

RON HOUSLEY

Ron,

Don't those uniforms look just a little familiar to you?

I'll give you hint.................... you wore one of them at one time under a different corps name.

Rice

Yes, WW 83. They were last on in the afternoon, and NOBODY left until their score was announced. So it was like 9,000 or however many people shifting from one foot to the other, swatting skeeters and wiping sweat off their foreheads for 10 minutes until they announced 27's score. THEN, the exodus. It was a great day for Knights people, that's for sure.

Here's Phantom on that day. 1812 Overture, as if you didn't know.

Slide109.jpg

SCV, same day. Drum solo.

Slide108.jpg

Blue Stars 1982. Poor guys. They'll NEVER bounce back.

Slide98.jpg

Seattle Imperials, also 1982.

Slide97.jpg

Never bounce back? Never say never.

How do you like me now?

Finis Coronat Opus

Never bounce back? Never say never.

How do you like me now?

Finis Coronat Opus

I hope 'Finis Coronat Opus' means 'I don't understand sarcasm.' Because I'm too tired to explain it, capital letters or no.

I'll just ask you to look at the date I posted those photos. A date long, long before which they had already bounced back.

Sigh. Woe to the Republic. And yes, for Ford's sake, I know what FCO means.

I hope 'Finis Coronat Opus' means 'I don't understand sarcasm.' Because I'm too tired to explain it, capital letters or no.

I'll just ask you to look at the date I posted those photos. A date long, long before which they had already bounced back.

Sigh. Woe to the Republic. And yes, for Ford's sake, I know what FCO means.

oh come on now, I am just playing. Besides, you bring a lot of great pictures to the game. No hard feelings? :tongue:

In MY day, we had camps in the Sahara and were given rocks to suck on! ...aaaaaaaaaaand WE LIKED IT!

That's funny, you have issues :tongue::sad::doh:

I always thought it was because of the extra weight. The posted picture actually looks weird to me, like they're about to fall over from being front-heavy.

Not at all, while the height of the drums were probably not the most ergonomically correct for the lower back, our tympani players displayed excellent military bearing as nothing less was acceptable. They also like everyone else ran back to the starting line at rehearsal after a run-through. If you talk to a few of those guys now, they question their own sanity in doing what they did with those drums on them but like the old saying goes "If it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger". btw, they did use slings to carry the drums.

Edited by Fastone