some old corps photos

Spirit 1980;

Spirit80.jpg

Great shot! However, This a pic of the '79 line. (*note SOA drumline keyboard and front ensemble arranging legend Catherine Float @ far left)

If you recall, 1980 SOA's snare line was set tall @ one end (Beth - Raddock - Gottlieb) to really friggin' tallest (Guy Hillsman) @ the other. Guy was tallest in SOA's center in 1981 and split the 50 w/ Jeff Nelson (Lone Star Pecussion partner) in Float's 1982 BD snare line.

Additionally, snares in this shot are wearing straps. 1980 SOA snares donned racks / carriers.

Somewhere in my stack of stuff, I have a photo of Float carrying all 11 snare drums hanging from straps.

Must....go.....listen.....to Nutville....

~AnalDot

Edited by SilverDot

This pictures are likely 1983 corps pictures taken from the 1984 American International Open Program:

AIOProgramcover.jpg

Black Watch from Willingboro, NJ & Vengeance, from Tonawanda, NY

BlackWatchNJ.jpg

CMCC Warriors, Bronx, NY & Dutch Boy Cadets, Kitchener, Waterloo, Ont., CAN

CMCCandDutchboy.jpg

New York Lancers, Bronx, NY & Canadian Knights, Peterborough, ONT, CAN

NYLancersCanKnights.jpg

Edited by pearlsnaredrummer77

This pictures are likely 1983 corps pictures taken from the 1984 American International Open Program:

Emerald Knights, Cedar Rapids, IA & Sancians, Weymouth, MA

SanciansandEmeraldknights.jpg

Patriots, Rochester, NY & Windjammers, Jersey Shore, NJ

PatriotsandWindjammers.jpg

General Butler Vagabond's Cadets Corps

GBVCadets83.jpg

General Butler Vagabonds

GBVpage.jpg

Oddly enough, there are no "Open Class" (by 1980s terminology) photos in the program. I don't know what that means or meant.

Great shot! However, This a pic of the '79 line. (*note SOA drumline keyboard and front ensemble arranging legend Catherine Float @ far left)

If you recall, 1980 SOA's snare line was set tall @ one end (Beth - Raddock - Gottlieb) to really friggin' tallest (Guy Hillsman) @ the other. Guy was tallest in SOA's center in 1981 and split the 50 w/ Jeff Nelson (Lone Star Pecussion partner) in Float's 1982 BD snare line.

Additionally, snares in this shot are wearing straps. 1980 SOA snares donned racks / carriers.

Somewhere in my stack of stuff, I have a photo of Float carrying all 11 snare drums hanging from straps.

Must....go.....listen.....to Nutville....

~AnalDot

So D. Snead was on the short end....right? :rolleyes:

Y'know....this is the first pic I've seen of Catherine actually playing! I'd forgotton that she was in SOA. Did she move to BD as a player with the rest when Float moved, or had she already aged out by then.

Also trying to remember when Carla Azar was in SOA befroe moving to BD.

Nice seein' ya here, Robb!! :rolleyes:

I read somewhere that Guardsmen had orange Vistalites in 1976. Alberta All Girls had orange Vistalites in 1977...umm :rolleyes:

75Guardsmen.jpg

Seeing the picture of Vengeance made me think of corps that should not have been allowed to compete. I think my first wife is in that pic. I also see someone who was overage by a few years in that pic too.

AIOProgramcover.jpg

BlackWatchNJ.jpg

CMCC Warriors, Bronx, NY & Dutch Boy Cadets, Kitchener, Waterloo, Ont., CAN

CMCCandDutchboy.jpg

New York Lancers, Bronx, NY & Canadian Knights, Peterborough, ONT, CAN

NYLancersCanKnights.jpg

BlackWatchNJ.jpg

...Cool. We won Class A in 1974! I'm proud of our drum corps. Thank you.

'Dance of joy' :thumbdown:

Seeing the picture of Vengeance made me think of corps that should not have been allowed to compete. I think my first wife is in that pic. I also see someone who was overage by a few years in that pic too.

I didn't recall Vengeance at all-either being good or bad. I checked at corps reps and it looks as if they did not actually participate in the AIO that year. The Class A title went to the Canadian Knights. GBV was 7th in prelims and 8th in finals. We were trading scores with Black Watch all summer long. We'd both be in a show with Garfield, who'd get a 88 or something and we'd be slugging it out in the 50s. But considering we both had around 30 brass, I suppose that's probably pretty natural.

...Cool. We won Class A in 1974! I'm proud of our drum corps. Thank you.

'Dance of joy' :thumbdown:

:lol: Cool! I thought that was kind of a neat page.