some old corps photos

I don't remember a lot of super-hot contests, mainly because our July/August swings were often in the Northern part of the country. Hottest I ever was on a field might have been Whitewater prelims in 83. But in 88 we had a practice Monday or Tuesday in early June in the Quad Cities where it was so hot I felt like I was going to blister, burst, turn into liquid, and die. That's the hottest I've ever been in my life.

Edited by tommytimp

I don't remember a lot of super-hot contests, mainly because our July/August swings were often in the Northern part of the country. Hottest I ever was on a field might have been Whitewater prelims in 83. But in 88 we had a practice Monday or Tuesday in early June in the Quad Cities where it was so hot I felt like I was going to blister, burst, turn into liquid, and die. That's the hottest I've ever been in my life.

Was it class A prelims in Birmingham '79? Hot, humid, and on AstroTurf that wanted to fry your feet? I think that's it, 'cause I remember finals being on grass in another stadium - and in the evening - seems like I'd remember if it were in Denver - from previous years, so must be Birmingham '79.

The Wisconsin summer heat was also made more annoying by the hummingbird sized mosquitoes!

Puppet

:thumbdown::thumbup: swat :lol::lol: SWAT :lol:

Was it class A prelims in Birmingham '79? Hot, humid, and on AstroTurf that wanted to fry your feet? I think that's it, 'cause I remember finals being on grass in another stadium - and in the evening - seems like I'd remember if it were in Denver - from previous years, so must be Birmingham '79.

It was misserable on the turf that year in B'ham. I wasn't in a hot, wool uniform like the members. I was on the sidelines, photographing for DCW. I remember a judge or nurse saying it was appx 130 F on the turf. I can't remember how many people went down that year. And '80 wasn't much better.

It was misserable on the turf that year in B'ham. I wasn't in a hot, wool uniform like the members. I was on the sidelines, photographing for DCW. I remember a judge or nurse saying it was appx 130 F on the turf. I can't remember how many people went down that year. And '80 wasn't much better.

The girls were on the road south. I managed to take time off work and took a plane to meet them, landed in Winnipeg, Chicago, Atlanta and finally B'ham, luggage was in Chicago but I had my purse and camera as carry on. I also felt for the marching members on that hot turf. I sat on my purse 'cause the bleachers burned my butt, watched those wonderful corps at prelims and took a few photos. I may have seen you in 79.

Got my luggage (shorts and t shirts) 2 days later just before getting on the bus with the girls. After DCI finals 1979 Alberta All Girls did parades at Disneyworld in full uniform and continued our trip home. I'm used to -30 C in winter, but Florida was way hot in 79. How did we do what we did? I'm guessing we like drum corps :-)