some old corps photos

In 77, I sat next to a guy at DCI prelims in Boulder who was video taping shows for his own use. I don't know if it was legal, but he was going it. He had a pretty good sized camera on a tri-pod, so he wasn't going to hide from anyone. Anyway, when the Kingsmen came up he asked me if I had seen them and did I think he should record them. I said yes and he did. So, this tape may be out there somewhere.

What would I pay to see that??

1972 Santa Clara at Wisconsin's State Fair. This show was held after DCI. The corps marched on the race track. 100 yards long and half as wide as regulation football field.

Photo by Bob Anello.

SCVStateFair.jpg

There's me, second flag from the front.

Metal poles with PIKES! Yessss :lol:

We sure were Squished on that "Field :lol: ". I'll tell ya though, good memories are made of stuff that isn't normally normal...

I think "Young persons guide" wasn't played until 73

Oops, sorry about that! I watched the '73 video right after the '72 one, and so I guess that's where my confusion came from.

AvantGarde0001.jpg

Think this is Avant Garde, Saratoga Springs NY at DCI Canada, 1979 (thanks for clearing that up!)

this is actually 1980......

Dave

1972 Kilties at the Pabst Theater, Milwaukee. Recognize the snare drummer at the far right, next to the DM? Photo by Bob Anello.

KiltSnares.jpg

Great photo, Jim...thanks (and thanks to Bob, who marched next to me in '70).

Snares, left to right: Mike Londre, Dan Bednar, me (Bob Bach), Mark Pulice, Larry Trass, Dino Ricchio.

Dino's rookie year, and we harassed him endlessly.

Mark Pulice is a great jazz drummer and went on to active gigging in LA and elsewhere; toured with Carmen McRae for quite a while.

We thought we were pretty hot stuff with the split snare line, Scottish buzz rolls and all, til SCV showed up playing orchestral press rolls in "Fanfare and Allegro" that year...

(Bonus: behind Londre, is Ron Anderson, aka "Fog," in his first year, on BD---later DCI individuals champ on tenor.)