some old corps photos

Those berets showed up on various sections in Blue Stars through the late 60s-early 70s...full drum line, rifles, contras, etc....but by '72 they were just on the tenors.

Looks a bit cheesy now, but at the time it was actually cool. Those 3 tenors rocked--shoot, that whole drum line was hot stuff.

Great drumline.

The instructor was Terry Thirion - Was also the Wausau Story writer (we had many Blue Star staff). I think Terry was with Blue Stars through 74 and then he came to Wausau full-time in 75.

I was talking about the Crusader shot with someone on the shield. Tom Peashey would know.

I think it was Geri Ashmead???

The Optimists shot is 1971 - my ex is the hairy soprano first row, left.... I think someone got this and the VK shot from my Facebook photo pages. The VK shot is from

from Invitation Quebec in Montreal 1977. I'm pretty sure Float isn't in either of those.

I got these all from a facebook group "Tom Float's Drmmers".

It's a shame to see such a world class drummer pulling garbage detail at Disneyland.

Edited by steelcityrabbit

It's a shame to see such a world class drummer pulling garbage detail at Disneyland.

Hey man - don't pity the dude. IIRC - he was actually the creator of the gig, and, he's been there a dozen years +/-. He still does his band camps - and I am guessing he really enjoys his life.

I searched "Tom Float's Drummers" on facebook to no avail. What is the exact name of the group?

I searched "Tom Float's Drummers" on facebook to no avail. What is the exact name of the group?

The exact name to search on Facebook is: Tom Float Drummers

Its a great gig, and he has a group that used to be or may still be in Vegas..as well as doing convention gigs..

some really good and talented drummers have gone thru the groups at California and Orlando, Pete Sapadin, Danny Raymond, Anthony Perulli, Rich Viano, Lee Hanson , me :) .....just to name a few... and it pays pretty well too!!! now a days.. any gig that is still playing is a great gig!!

1976 Dutch Boy Cadets, photo by Doug Smith; a gift from Doug to me to you

76Drumsimg674-a.jpg

To the 2009 Dutch Boy Drum and Bugle Corps,

I’ve good memories of my time in Kitchener-Waterloo years ago.

May you have a successful and fun-filled drum corps tour summer of ‘09.

From linda, guard tech Dutch Boy Cadets 1974-1976