some old corps photos

Are those skirts and high boots on the drumline? I dont think I have ever seen that before!

The 'high boots' are actually dark socks and sensible shoes ;-) comfortable, economical and effective :-)

The short skirts were also only for economic reasons. This was obviously not a CYO corps.

Saving on skirt material left funds to purchase XL poles for the Maple Leaf squad.

And also those XXL cymbals.

OMG I remember marching our show on sooooo many baseball diamonds,,, the bane of the Jr C corps of the time. I'M not sure, but this could be from Port Dover on July 1... many a show done there bitd..

1972 The Big Ten, September 2 1972, Hamilton, Ontario, hosted by Hamilton Jaycees.

18 corps in prelims, 10 in the evening finals, 3 more scans for a total of 18 prelim corps

(16) Golden Lions, Simcoe, Ontario (the field looks like a baseball diamond?)

72big10-16.jpg

Are those skirts and high boots on the drumline? I dont think I have ever seen that before!

In the picture of Les Chatelaines above the drumline, like the rest of the corps, have on

high red leather boots, and short white skirts with red tunics.

In the picture of Les Chatelaines above the drumline, like the rest of the corps, have on

high red leather boots, and short white skirts with red tunics.

I forgot about the red boots. If I may convey a compliment; Les Chatelaines were poised and polished in any uniform they wore. In 1971, our ladies wore orange or white short skirts, orange tunic and majorette-like boots with orange pompoms. The uniform changed in 1972. The short skirts and tunics of various colours were the style of the era if I recall. There’s an example on page 21 OMG, in blue.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...6263&st=200

1971-aag-b-a.jpg

btw Wendy, the ladies took 4 uniforms to Europe 1977. I’ve shown 3 in various posts. The 4th was short denim skirts, red and white gingham blouses, no hat and white high-heeled sling-back sandle-shoes, like a demure daisy duke. Fortunately there’re no photos!

Edited by lindap

1975-us-open-prog4-a.jpg

MY EYES! THEY BURN!

:satisfied:

Garry in Vegas