some old corps photos

Linda, great photo!

I remember you in this uniform, you may have been short and shy but you were a commanding presence on the field.

Also, l absolutely love the photo below byline posted of you some time ago, such a classic!

You can be my DM any day!

Seneca%20Princemen-1974.JPG

Yes, I agree, really! Quite the romantic classic, a young man's dream-- :tongue:

Edited by tommyfromhowardst

Do not remember if I posted this one before:

1983 Reading Buccaneers @ NJ Meadowlands

bucs.gif

Yep..... :worthy:

With the Sunrisers in the background. :tongue:

Hey the old "Blue Banana" unis of the Buccs. Always thought Skee Derr looked most like a pirate of anyone in the late 70s snare line. Only other name that looks familiar is the Lee guy for some reason. :tongue:

Any 1984 Buccs drum line pics? That season Westshoremen broke up for a few weeks in mid-season and couple drummers joined Buccs while Westshore was dissolved. Couple of 'em post here and never saw a pic of them in a Buccs uni.

that pic was taken at the Simcoe Golden Lions home show, Aug 1st weekend show,,, i recognize that field and tree in teh background, that field, at the fairgrounds was our practice field...

Happy Birthday St. John’s

1976 Canadian Nationals program, St. John’s, photo by Doug Smith

76-stjohns1.jpg

76-stjohns2-a.jpg

that pic was taken at the Simcoe Golden Lions home show, Aug 1st weekend show,,, i recognize that field and tree in teh background, that field, at the fairgrounds was our practice field...

Thanks for posting this, this is cool. Some of the program photos are small and when they're scanned, easier to see. I stared at the Del photo for a while yesterday, on page 1725 3rd one down, and realized it was at Birchmount Stadium, the place where we hosted our home show :-)

Hey the old "Blue Banana" unis of the Buccs. Always thought Skee Derr looked most like a pirate of anyone in the late 70s snare line. Only other name that looks familiar is the Lee guy for some reason. :tongue:

Any 1984 Buccs drum line pics? That season Westshoremen broke up for a few weeks in mid-season and couple drummers joined Buccs while Westshore was dissolved. Couple of 'em post here and never saw a pic of them in a Buccs uni.

I don't think so, but if I come across any, I will post!

Yes, I remember the Westshoremen people coming in - I seem to recall that because it was late in the year I remember Ricky Lee and Chumley playing in the pit in 84 and Chumley moved to toms in 85, I believe. I could not march those two years :worthy: so I assisted teaching the drumline when my schedule allowed, mostly the pit.

Bruce Hamilton on the end was one of my students where I taught drums and a terrific musician! Marched Garfield in 84 (with about six other kids from that high school), and is now a professor of music at a college Washington state.

jim

what funny,,, notice just the centre line,, NO hash marks,, anywhere.. there was a white line to outline the field,, and a centre line,, that's it...

and the worst part was,,, the field didn't line up square to the bleachers,,, since a horse track encompassed the field proper,, at an even different angle... it was quite interesting to march,,, AND watch some of our competion site the stadium as square,, and um... well, you get the picture,,,, LOL

Thanks for posting this, this is cool. Some of the program photos are small and when they're scanned, easier to see. I stared at the Del photo for a while yesterday, on page 1725 3rd one down, and realized it was at Birchmount Stadium, the place where we hosted our home show :-)