some old corps photos

Are my eyes decieving me or is that Mike Duffy directing the corps on the left and Ralph Hardimen with the snares on the right??

Yes, but neither of them marched with the corps.

They couldn't pass the physical.

I see what you did there. :tongue:

Have I not said this before in not so many words: this right here is our drum corps museum!

Puppet

This is so, so true. I have been collecting and doing research on Glassmen history since 2004. Getting ready for our 50th next year. I have gained contacts and missing pieces of our history from this site. I wanted to do this before the early years of our history was lost. And I hope that there are people reading this that can help fill in some missing Glassmen history.

Here is my wish list:

1. Repertoires from 1961 thru 1966,68 and 69

2. Drum Majors 1961 thru 1965

3. Any and all stories from these early years

Please PM me when any info about the Glassmen/Maumee Suns/Glass City Optimists

Dean

Edited by IntheMood

So thats Alberta All girls I assume?...I know Duff taught them but was unaware of Hardimans involvement. Give me the 411 if you will? :)

So thats Alberta All girls I assume?...I know Duff taught them but was unaware of Hardimans involvement. Give me the 411 if you will? :)

The scan is of Alberta All Girls rehearsal before performances at the World Cup Soccer Championships July 1974. Mike and Ralph traveled with them to Europe. In August 1974, Ralph went west and Mike went to Toronto and worked with De La Salle Oaklands. He also attended at few Seneca Princemen rehearsals as a clinician.

Mike was music director for AAG from the early 70's until about 78-79. Ralph was on AAG staff 74 and 75. I was on AAG staff starting November 76 until about the mid 80's. Sorry about not responding earlier, had to go into work today. I usually post photos. Here's one of Seneca Princemen 1972 from a recruiting brochure. I'm kneeling in front wearing a white jacket :tongue:

sf1.jpg

edit: 1974 AAG staff (that I'm aware of; did some research; hope this is correct) Fred Sanford (percussion tech), Mark Cardiff (percussion tech), Sam Kays (percussion tech), Ralph Hardimon (percussion arranger/instructor), Bobby Hoffman (all things visual), Maureen Rydell (brass tech/performer), Mike Duffy (Music Director), Gary West (brass tech)

Edited by lindap

HEY!!! That's the uniform that I have hanging up in my closet. It doesn't fit anymore though...LOL.

The scan is of Alberta All Girls rehearsal before performances at the World Cup Soccer Championships July 1974. Mike and Ralph traveled with them to Europe. In August 1974, Ralph went west and Mike went to Toronto and worked with De La Salle Oaklands. He also attended at few Seneca Princemen rehearsals as a clinician.

Mike was music director for AAG from the early 70's until about 78-79. Ralph was on AAG staff 74 and 75. I was on AAG staff starting November 76 until about the mid 80's. Sorry about not responding earlier, had to go into work today. I usually post photos. Here's one of Seneca Princemen 1972 from a recruiting brochure. I'm kneeling in front wearing a white jacket :tongue:

sf1.jpg

edit: 1974 AAG staff (that I'm aware of; did some research; hope this is correct) Fred Sanford (percussion tech), Mark Cardiff (percussion tech), Sam Kays (percussion tech), Ralph Hardimon (percussion arranger/instructor), Bobby Hoffman (all things visual), Maureen Rydell (brass tech/performer), Mike Duffy (Music Director), Gary West (brass tech)

sf1.jpg

Thanks for the info and great pictures! Learn something new everyday! Didn't know Sanford and Kays were involved too! With Hoffman as well them girls had a superstar staff!

Anaheim Kingsmen and Kingsmen Alumni Corps rifle Dale Nissenson Gough taught Alberta when Fred Sanford, Mike Dufy and Ralph Hardiman did. There's a great old photo of all of them outside an elevator with Ralph wearing a purple disco suit....I wish I had it handy but it's most likely been published around here somehwere.

Anaheim Kingsmen and Kingsmen Alumni Corps rifle Dale Nissenson Gough taught Alberta when Fred Sanford, Mike Dufy and Ralph Hardiman did. There's a great old photo of all of them outside an elevator with Ralph wearing a purple disco suit....I wish I had it handy but it's most likely been published around here somehwere.

Thank you, Ron...and good golly...Wayne Harris taught the girls for a while and then as instructor for Canadian Royalaires. We had a few corps up here at the time. I'll be heading back to the research department now. Thanks again.

btw Ralph visited 76 or early 77 and we all went out for dinner. Ralph wore his best suit ;-) purple velvet. Gotta go now...one more photo from 1975. I remember the corps in the next post from contests in 74.