some old corps photos

Linda,

This looks like the Bengal Lancers from Trumbull, CT.

They competed in "A" in the late 70's

Yep - corpsreps list them from '76-'79. Judging from the song list posted there, my guess is this shot is from "Persian Market". I remember them for some reason.

See... aren't those better looking uniforms?! LOL! Those shakos have an interesting history!

They were purchased new by the director of Ohio Brass and after the corps folded, they

were purchased by Steel City Ambassadors, but it was a "clandestine" purchase! After Steel City

ceased competing, the shakos went to Bushwackers! Don't know WHERE they are now!

complete with two huge plywood cases that held all the shakos and boxes - ended up in my garage for two weeks as I refurbished the boxes, added some MUCH needed wheels, and of course tricked them out in the customary Steeler black and gold!

such a pain, but they certainly did keep the shakos well protected and all in one place.

Can't recall why it was 'clandestine', but do recall something to that effect - you'll have to fill me in sometime, Steve.

I would guess it's New Jersey, Just in the Newark Area there were corps sponcered by almost every church in the area..

Followed by New York, Massachutes (or however you spell it), Pennsylvania, Illinois, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Corpsreps.com lists 107 Jr corps from NJ, 131 from MA and 169 from NY ...

You should send them your list ... they only list 21 Jr corps from OH ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

Cambria Cadets Ebensburg, PA

corpsphotos9285-1.jpg

Have to believe that Walt Street is somewhere in this pic too.

Hated losing to them all the time, but LOVED their DM. she was probably one of the most gracious individuals I had ever met in drum corps - a real ambassador.

And the night the Patriots finally did beat the Cadets at their home show, she was the first standing at the gate to congratulate us after our victory concert.

complete with two huge plywood cases that held all the shakos and boxes - ended up in my garage for two weeks as I refurbished the boxes, added some MUCH needed wheels, and of course tricked them out in the customary Steeler black and gold!

such a pain, but they certainly did keep the shakos well protected and all in one place.

Can't recall why it was 'clandestine', but do recall something to that effect - you'll have to fill me in sometime, Steve.

Let's just say that the former corps director of Ohio Brass was not a Steel Cty fan. :tongue:

so a vehicle with ohio license plates was used to pick up the shakos. :tongue:

Next DCA contest: former Ohio Brass director sees his shakos in Steel City! :blink:

Let's just say that the former corps director of Ohio Brass was not a Steel Cty fan. :tongue:

so a vehicle with ohio license plates was used to pick up the shakos. :blink:

Next DCA contest: former Ohio Brass director sees his shakos in Steel City! :tongue:

:tongue:

Yep - that was it!!! I remember Dave Fite relating the story now.

I think it's 76. I came in for the last 2 weeks, due to an injury. I don't think I'm in the pic. Also, I think the pic is reversed. Mike Neer the snare on the right always marched on the left.

I am thinking it is not reversed. The rifles appear to be at an order arms with the rifle on their right. The sop player has his right hand on top as to finger the valve with his thumb. The contras appear to be on the correct shoulder also.