some old corps photos

The pic was taken at Olbrich Park along Lake Mendota (our regular practice facility in the early 1970s during late spring/summer).

L to R:

1) Dennis Drews

2) ? drawing a blank.

3) Chris Bratz

4) David Lee

5) Rick Elvord (was DM in '73 and '74. He played French Horn from '69-'72, making me think that this pic was taken in '72. Yet, he could have been fooling around, joining his former section for a brief photo op in '73).

6) Dave Woolpert

Thanks Dan, I thought #5 was Ricky for sure but knew he was DM that year so I thought my mind was going on me (again).

By the way I saw Ricky at the pre-show tailgate at Drums on last year.

Who ever #2 is kudos to him for having the guts to wear those pants.

On Sunday I'm going to hear Jimmy Elvord & Doc present their new programs for raising $$ for the Scouts.

I'm sure Jimmy will get everyone pretty fired up to get out there and get it done.

St. John's Girls

stjohnsgirls-1.jpg

Wow Fleabag - these are great. I've never seen them before. I'd take it these were around 1965 or earlier.

That uniform changed in 1967... and then again in 1972. But the nuns wouldn't let our skirts show our knees.

We use to have to kneel on the floor for measurement if there was any in question.

Thanks for putting these up.