some old corps photos

Remembering when Saturday night was Drum Corps Night, across the USA and Canada.

SaturdayNightinJerseyFBCover.jpg

Another Newark corps lost in time.

VFW Post #339, Newark, NJ

NJNewarkVailsburgVFWPost339.jpg

Newark also had several Senior Corps

Satan's Cadets @ Wildwood, NJ

NJNewarkSatansCadets.jpg

Ballentine Brewers and Washington Carver Gay Blades, moved in and out of Newark with changes in sponcership

NJNewarkBallantineBrewers1964Dream.jpg

NJNewarkGWCarverGayBlades.jpg

Edited by old ohio drum corps

Newark also had several Senior Corps

Satan's Cadets @ Wildwood, NJ

NJNewarkSatansCadets.jpg

Ballentine Brewers and Washington Carver Gay Blades, moved in and out of Newark with changes in sponcership

NJNewarkBallantineBrewers1964Dream.jpg

NJNewarkGWCarverGayBlades.jpg

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: What a great run of pictures, thanks so much, oh did I mention how good those were?

OK..here's an old question for a Westshoreman.

Anybody remember when the Westshoremen appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show?

Westshoremen @ Miami, Fl 1957

PAHarrisburghWestshoremen1957MiamiF.jpg

Edited by old ohio drum corps

Bugleboy, what year were you with the Bucks?

Bugleboy, what year were you with the Bucks?

:thumbdown: I think it was 1974. The book was Firebird OTL, then not in the right order we played Shaft, Verdi's Requem for Color-pre,then another song I can't recall and finished with Finale from Firebird, Ritchie Price was soloist and we had Red Winsor and Ralph Pace and John Flowers(?) took 2nd by hundreths of a point if my memory isn't all fogged up. :thumbdown:

Oh man, I am in this picture, that's me behind the flags! :thumbdown: Well at least I can see my pals Mr. Burton and Mr. Nakamura in the upper right hand corner playing drums.....that was one heck of a season.....many firsts for many people that year.

You would have marched with a number of Mariners who jumped to DPV midseason in 72. Johnny Jackson, Larry Odom, Steve Rasputin Batton. A bunch of Mariners including future Blue Stars DM Don Fitzgerald went to LaCrosse the following year. Bobby Williams was another.

You would have marched with a number of Mariners who jumped to DPV midseason in 72. Johnny Jackson, Larry Odom, Steve Rasputin Batton. A bunch of Mariners including future Blue Stars DM Don Fitzgerald went to LaCrosse the following year. Bobby Williams was another.

Yuo I remember all those names--Raz was cool, so was Bobby.....I marched LaCrosse in '74 with a lot of the Milwaukee crew, as they were called......cool beans!

My favorite corps growing up through the 60's, for sure! :tongue:

I know I'm asking you to repeat something you've probably typed a dozen or so times before, but...

If BSGK was your favorite corps, how did you end up in Garfield?

Garry in Vegas