some old corps photos

Nancy:

Oh my, these photos are so great! It truly brings a tear to my eye.

I hope we can meet some day. You, me and Malibu...

St. Andrews Bridgemen - World Open Parade - July 16, 1971

IMG_0002-5.jpg

Who doesn't like that paint job.

Everytime I see this picture I hear (in my head) the sounds of the 20 sopranos triple and quadruple tonguing that passage in the show where they stand in a line leaning on each other holding their horn with one hand and playing the next guys with the other. I heard the recording a million times. Why does looking at a photo of a drummer remind me of this.... because I was in the horn line of course.

Got that right! Way slick drum finish--love those unis too before pimp nation....

Nancy:

Oh my, these photos are so great! It truly brings a tear to my eye.

I hope we can meet some day. You, me and Malibu...

I know we will, and I hope it's sooner rather than later!!!

N

Des Plaines Vanguard 1973

DP73.jpg

Oh man, I am in this picture, that's me behind the flags! :doh: Well at least I can see my pals Mr. Burton and Mr. Nakamura in the upper right hand corner playing drums.....that was one heck of a season.....many firsts for many people that year.

Oh man, I am in this picture, that's me behind the flags! :doh: Well at least I can see my pals Mr. Burton and Mr. Nakamura in the upper right hand corner playing drums.....that was one heck of a season.....many firsts for many people that year.

Tommy is on the field, I am halfway 'round the world in Viet-Nam! But my sister wrote and told me all about Vanguard's show! Wish I could have seen it! Well... wish I coulda' Marched it!! LOL!