some old corps photos

Ontario was huge! We used to travel over the border for more shows there than we did in NY. In 1976 we competed against Seneca Optimists, Oakland Crusaders, Precious Blood Cardinals, Flying Dutchmen, Krescendos, Ventures, St. John's Girls, Midlanders, Opti-Lancers, Opti_Knights, etc. It was great!

This thread (and a couple of others here) have been a real education for me! Growing up in the Midwest, in my mind, Wisconsin (especially Racine), Illinois and the East Coast were always the 'hot-beds' of drum corps. I had no idea how many corps were from Ontario Canada - the whole Toronto metro, Hamilton, Kitchener, Guelph, etc. area was amazing 'back in the day'!!

Tommy it look like you have a Jolly Rancher in your mouth.

Thanks everybody!! It's actually 1986. That pic was on the front of DCI Today and was the advance pic DCI sent out for all the show programs that season (1987). Personally I hate it, since, as is evident, I'm looking down and not at the podium or the crowd. Looks like I'm going in to tune the middle drums.

Thanks everybody!! It's actually 1986. That pic was on the front of DCI Today and was the advance pic DCI sent out for all the show programs that season (1987). Personally I hate it, since, as is evident, I'm looking down and not at the podium or the crowd. Looks like I'm going in to tune the middle drums.

I knew that........!

G

I do apologize if most include 27 or me or the people I know. I will share all, but bear with the overload of 2-7.

Hey, there's no such thing as an "overload" of Two-Seven, so no need to apologize. Thanks for posting these wonderful photos, and also for sharing your memories!

P.S. I definitely understand what you mean about the nerves. I was the same way . . . though it wasn't as bad for me in corps as it was performing music solos in high school and university. That's when I wished a big hole would open in up the floor and swallow me up, thus rescuing me from the stress. Never happened, of course! The only times I was nervous to that level in corps was when-minute changes were made to the show right before we had to perform. I had a pretty good idea that I would never remember them all . . . and I was usually right! I always dreaded that, and cursed my poor memory!

Blessed Sacrament, 1958 (...the first year of the "new" uniforms, with the black and white stripes added to the gold blouse).

Record for the year: 20 wins, 1 loss (to St. Vinnies, early in the season), including the VFW Nationals, AL Nationals and Dream.

GKCentralPark58.jpg

190204e0.jpg Edited by GaryD

Blessed Sacrament, 1958 (...the first year of the "new" uniforms, with the black and white stripes added to the gold blouse).

Record for the year: 20 wins, 1 loss (to St. Vinnies, early in the season), including the VFW Nationals, AL Nationals and Dream.

GKCentralPark58.jpg

This is a great photo! Thanks GaryD ... :D

190204e0.jpg

Blessed Sac! The corps of the 60's!

Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights

NJNewarkBlessedSacramentGoldenKn-9.jpg

Edited by old ohio drum corps