some old corps photos

1969 program photo, Les Compagnons, Embrun, Ontario (south east of Ottawa) Scrapbook entry states, “June 13, 1971 Lansdowne Park, Ottawa, Ontario. Fantaisie Musicale ’71 hosted by Les Compagnons.” Also known as Embrun Companions in another program.

1969-lescompagnons.jpg

Is that Larry Cohen on snare? I always forget he marched Bridgemen.

That has to be Larry. 84 would have been his second year on snare in Bayonne. He would have been 14, as he was 13 in his rookie year.

For those of you who don't know Larry, he marched in Bridgmen, then Star, then aged out of BD. He is now an executive at Microsoft, where he is GM for Corporate Communications (Public Relations)

Gary;

Great to see you on here. There are still a few former LIK folks posting here. Sometimes Mike Aronson and Bryan Jenner will post.

Hope life is treating you well.

Dave Borden

It is good to see you too after what? 28 years? How is your family? Drum corps sure have changed. Did you see the pic of the 79 Kingsmen at Lynn mass?

Yeah...so isn't it amazing that I still travel with a DCI corps AND march with a new All-Age corps? It is either amazing, or it shows how absolutely NUTS I am :w00t: .

I would vote for NUTS :lol: Just kidding... If Alaska had an all age corps I would be in it.

That has to be Larry. 84 would have been his second year on snare in Bayonne. He would have been 14, as he was 13 in his rookie year.

For those of you who don't know Larry, he marched in Bridgmen, then Star, then aged out of BD. He is now an executive at Microsoft, where he is GM for Corporate Communications (Public Relations)

Yes that is Larry on snare.

Edited by GaryTrooper

1964 Sertomanaires record jacket - front

Back

2200782300_c22ec156a6_o.jpg

Hey John - I see the Drum Instructor is Mr. Norm Campbell. Do you know, is that Chris, Dave and Steve Campbell's dad? I know he was a drummer and certainly influenced his sons. They were decent players - especially Steve :nervous:

It looks funny when you look at the vinyl album info - it looks like a CD in the middle of the cover.

I first saw them at a show in Oswego, NY. They were impressive, I think one year they did the Mission Impossible Theme.

1969 program photo, Les Compagnons, Embrun, Ontario (south east of Ottawa) Scrapbook entry states, “June 13, 1971 Lansdowne Park, Ottawa, Ontario. Fantaisie Musicale ’71 hosted by Les Compagnons.” Also known as Embrun Companions in another program.

1969-lescompagnons.jpg

Edited by KeithHall

Hey John - I see the Drum Instructor is Mr. Norm Campbell. Do you know, is that Chris, Dave and Steve Campbell's dad? I know he was a drummer and certainly influenced his sons. They were decent players - especially Steve :nervous:

It looks funny when you look at the vinyl album info - it looks like a CD in the middle of the cover.

Yeah, Norm was their dad.

Regards,

John

27TH Too?

Sorry if I post any duplicates in this next group.

Kingsmen from the Aug 1976 issue of DCW

AnaheimKingsmenfromAug1976Issueo-1.jpg

Capitalaires from the 1979 Saginaw,MI show program.

Capitalairesfromthe1979Saginawshowp.jpg