some old corps photos

ah-hmmm. Muchachos probably learned how to do it from a certain Toronto corps that had it down to a science of sorts. At the time they weren't wearing blue.

Ah, now I get the reference. Not that I would know firsthand, mind you.

Guardsmen

Guardsmenfromthe1982DAVprogram.jpg

This is Fred Bell who in 79 went to Madison, who were then beat by Guardsmen!

This is Fred Bell who in 79 went to Madison, who were then beat by Guardsmen!

You're pretty close Dan, that does look a little like Fred. But this photo IS from '79... so it isn't Fred. He was already in Madison as this pic was being taken. I believe that is Lloyd Dukes maybe? We used the cutaway Slingerland tenor drums in '79 with the black lacquer inside the shells, and the whole "hornline to their knees" thing was '79 as well when we played "Tiger of San Pedro."

Just a heads-up: After receiving a warning from Photobucket that I was close to exceeding my storage limit, and then deleting a number of photos from my account, I still received a message today saying that my account has been temporarily disabled because I've exceeded my allotment. Go figure. So any pictures I've posted from there will not be viewable until the 30th, when my account will be reinstated. They're trying to get me to spend money to upgrade, which ain't gonna happen. Not right now, anyway.

Anyway, if you're looking for photos that I've posted but can't see them, that's why. Sorry about that!

Just a heads-up: After receiving a warning from Photobucket that I was close to exceeding my storage limit, and then deleting a number of photos from my account, I still received a message today saying that my account has been temporarily disabled because I've exceeded my allotment. Go figure. So any pictures I've posted from there will not be viewable until the 30th, when my account will be reinstated. They're trying to get me to spend money to upgrade, which ain't gonna happen. Not right now, anyway.

Anyway, if you're looking for photos that I've posted but can't see them, that's why. Sorry about that!

Open a 2nd account with a different user name and transfer some of the pics....that should work.

.....my account has been temporarily disabled because I've exceeded my allotment.

Will you readers PLEASE stop looking at her pictures !!!!!

You're pretty close Dan, that does look a little like Fred. But this photo IS from '79... so it isn't Fred. He was already in Madison as this pic was being taken. I believe that is Lloyd Dukes maybe? We used the cutaway Slingerland tenor drums in '79 with the black lacquer inside the shells, and the whole "hornline to their knees" thing was '79 as well when we played "Tiger of San Pedro."

You are correct again Geno, that is indeed Lloyd Dukes.

Les Metropolitans Verdun,Quebec from May 1970 issue of DCD.

TorontoOptimistsTorontoOntariofromM.jpg

1969 program photo, Les Metropolitans – Montreal, P.Q.

1969-metro.jpg

Same or different? Get out the magnifying glasses folks. Yup, my scans are really faded. Note the words coming through the paper from the next page. Keep in mind could be a 1968 photo...Sue, I'm trying to help you out...Now if everyone could look to their left...and on your right there's... :wall:

Edit: The first line of the program says 'Featuring the arrangements of such illustrious drum corps names as "Corky" Fabrizio, Ralph Shur and Gerry Shellmar.'

Edited by lindap