some old corps photos

And to answer the Goodfellow shots...

Here are a few from the Keeser AFB Blue Knights Student Corps, late 84-early 85 (me in the closeup shots..back when I had hair! *sigh* I was a lot skinnier then, too!)

A random base parade.

image106.gif

Playing the theme from "Superman, the Movie" for the Special Olympics that were held on base....the music's being held in front of us because I'd only finished arranging the chart a week before and while we had time to learn it, did not have time to memorize. At least hoilding the music gave the Boots something to do!

image71.gif

Leaving the field after the SO gig...note the BD influence....I still tape my gloves to this day. Back then, the other students thought I was nuts, ubut I can't STAND the feel of the gloves coming loose on my hands....very distracting.

image72.gif

Warming up for the looooooooooooong Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans...look! An Olds Ultratone II sop!

image74.gif

Edited by 84BDsop

THis is a corps that competed in the 1974 Spectacle of Music in South Milwaukee. Could be the Gay Blades or Joliet Kingsmen. Im not really certain.

gayblades74.jpg

West Bend Patriots, Dan? I don't think the Joliet Kingsmen were around yet in '74.... (the Paul Hall Warriors are another possibility, though I think their corps colors were primarily green and black).

BD. 1983. My dad got good seats for the afternoon, yes?

Slide138.jpg

I love seeing photos of this era. The corps look so great on the field without all of the clutter of today. This is one of my favorite BD shows.

Madison 83. Starting line. Colas Bruegnon.

Slide137.jpg

My brother is in the Euphonium line in the back of the circle. Great guard that year and fun show.

Crossmen 83. Nice footwork, CYMBALS.

Slide135.jpg

Vanguard. Drum Solo.

SLide133.jpg

Knights 83. Maybe the best show we did all year.

Slide130.jpg

OK Tom

You gotta have Freelancers too...

I think I have one or two in here somewher. Not my favorite Freelancers show, but I got it.

THis is a corps that competed in the 1974 Spectacle of Music in South Milwaukee. Could be the Gay Blades or Joliet Kingsmen. Im not really certain.

gayblades74.jpg

Clearly, they should have traded shako's... :smile:

More 27th. 83.

Slide127.jpg

F Troop.

Slide121.jpg

Phantom. 1812 drum solo.

Slide118.jpg