some old corps photos

Yes!...Looks like they Thdoing a kneeling type thing with their flags horizontal to the ground. Great video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyqpsQID_uU

Still gotta love the videos from back then! Each one I've ever seen has a goose bump moment and what makes them so great is that they all share one thing: The "My Son/Daughter Is In The (name the section)!"

Gives them all the more personality and worth more when they are shared this way.

Thank you.

Puppet

Wow... no drum majors podium....

And no hashmarks.

It's a miracle we somehow survived such a brutal onfield environment.

Yes!...Looks like they are doing a kneeling type thing with their flags horizontal to the ground. Great video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyqpsQID_uU

WOW! Yes, that's exactly how I remember Maggie describing it . . . and how wonderful to finally actually get to see it! I still can't get over Santa Clara playing (and marching) something as complex as "Young Person's Guide" back in '72. And that guard was something else! For "back in the day," they were doing some pretty interesting visual effects, and doing them quite well. I still love how they nailed that subtlety. Reminds me all over again why Santa Clara was my favorite back then. :lol:

WOW! Yes, that's exactly how I remember Maggie describing it . . . and how wonderful to finally actually get to see it! I still can't get over Santa Clara playing (and marching) something as complex as "Young Person's Guide" back in '72. And that guard was something else! For "back in the day," they were doing some pretty interesting visual effects, and doing them quite well. I still love how they nailed that subtlety. Reminds me all over again why Santa Clara was my favorite back then. :lol:

I think "Young persons guide" wasn't played until 73

Hey thanks for the compliments Sue. It's nice to hear every now and then because we really did work so very hard to create a good, solid Color Guard that everyone could enjoy.

Kingsmensnare76 was correct. We didn't play YPG until '73 blowing ourselves and everyone else away. It was my most favorite piece to march to. If you go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ_Qea3pLLA...feature=related You can see a home movie cut with a recording (DCI Prelims). It's the first I've seen of '73 and and it's pretty cool. Unfortunately we march faster than the music so it has to pause to catch up. And it's REALLY unfortunate that I know that the flag work is totally off from the music :lol: . But thanks anyway to Mr. Bud for getting that up. Better than nuthin' ya know? :lol:

I can't wait till Drum Corps World releases the new DVD of '73. That is the lost year everyone has been waiting to see. There were so many great shows that year. Anyone hear yet about it's release?

Again, you were a great help to me in sending instructions regarding posting photos, as was Linda. Now that I know how to do it, you must have thought I was sort of dense as you tried several times to make me understand...duh.

Everyone who posts to this thread was a beginner at one time. Now that you've posted a few you've become the grizzled old vet. Welcome to the club.

And no hashmarks.

It's a miracle we somehow survived such a brutal onfield environment.

That's what the Guard was for my friend :lol:. A fellow Guard memeber described us as the "Skeleton" of the drill. We did most of the set up and the horns and drums counted on us to be at the right place at the right time so all they had to do was connect to the correct elbow and play their horns and drums absolutely perfectly :lol: