some old corps photos

OaklandCrusaders0003.jpg

1979 Blue Devils at DCI Canada...what more can you say??

I know it's been resolved but I'll add in my two cents anyway :blink: . This is definitely 1980 because I'm in the picture (third snare from the left). It's a beautiful picture. Thanks for posting.

Did you know that now, after 32 years, Bonnie is back on the field with Renegades?

Puppet

BTW Bonnie is also playing mellophone with the Freelancers Alumni!!

Truly an honor to play in the same hornline with a legend of the activity. :blink::blink::blink:

BTW Bonnie is also playing mellophone with the Freelancers Alumni!!

Truly an honor to play in the same hornline with a legend of the activity. :blink::blink::blink:

Gotta be like not dieing and still going to heaven!

:blink:

Puppet

I know it's been resolved but I'll add in my two cents anyway :blink: . This is definitely 1980 because I'm in the picture (third snare from the left). It's a beautiful picture. Thanks for posting.

Again, you were a great help to me in sending instructions regarding posting photos, as was Linda. Now that I know how to do it, you must have thought I was sort of dense as you tried several times to make me understand...duh.

I wonder why the Kilties are using an Ontario Provincial flag next to the National flag?? Did they do this when they came to Ontario for contests?

Good question. I wonder if its like in 1988 the Madison Scouts changed some of their drum break melodies to include English folksong melodies while they were on tour in Europe. Anything to increase the crowd response.

Canadian Commanders were good. I was impressed when I saw and heard them a contests. The uniforms were black pants and orangey-ish shirt that looked awesome under the stadium lights.

Isn't that the year they played "The Man I Love" OTL. Somewhere I have a record of that from CNE stadium. It sounded great. The concert number rocked as well with a beautiful FH solo and a hot answering soprano duet.

Isn't that the year they played "The Man I Love" OTL. Somewhere I have a record of that from CNE stadium. It sounded great. The concert number rocked as well with a beautiful FH solo and a hot answering soprano duet.

You might be thinking of the 1966 Shrine show...Commanders were in exhibition and played "The Man I Love" as a fanfare before coming OTL. This was before my time with the corps...but I heard that the corps was not at all pleased with the recording and asked Fleetwood to take them off the record. Not sure if that's true.

We appeared again in 1971 in exhibition at that show and our opener was "Swan Lake" that year...I think it was a much better hornline that year although we never could march very well...