some old corps photos

I believe that all of them were mainstays in the color guard.

78cavaliercadets.jpg

Back Row L to R: Jeff Wroblewski, Brian Nash, Norman Dziedzic, Rich Maryanski

Front Row L to R: Scott DeGrauwe, Dan McGuire, Greg Poznanski, John Van Dorpe

Yep......and seven years later: (these guys are gonna kill me)

85LoverBoy.jpg

Brian Nash is kneeling on the far left, behind him is Scott De Grauwe, to Scott's left is Rich Maryanski, to Rich's left is Jeff Wroblewski, the guy with his arm on Aldo's shoulder is Norm Dziedzic, and standing on the far right is John Van Dorpe.

and from a spring 84 WGI magazine...the name's Bond, James Bond ;-)

1984-wg4-a.jpg

and from a spring 84 WGI magazine...the name's Bond, James Bond ;-)

1984-wg4-a.jpg

That 83 WGI show is one of the most unbelievable things I've ever seen. There's a flag move I still can't figure out after all this time.

..... but nobody in your AAG mid-70s had moustaches or beards.

A few of us are having dinner this week. You’re more than welcome to join us and see for yourself :wink: Excerpts from my 1977 travel log…’August 4, 1977 Brussels Belgium, stayed at Hotel-Pension across the street from Hyatt…sunny day, slept in, pedestrian shopping, toured in the morning…theatre de l’esprit frappeur, gardens, Van Moer and Bruegel paintings, tapestries, toured city hall council chamber and wedding room, met the Mayor and Ambassador, performed at Grande Place’…

The following photos (rescanned with descreen) are of Alberta All Girls performing at Grande Place. Melanie was guard captain and our centre line, Pam and I were DMs. The girls had to adjust their stride during this field show. At times we ran out of marching room. What I remember the most was the sound, the sound of our boots on the cobblestone, the sound of the music bouncing on the brick encircled square. It didn’t echo, it reverberated everywhere, we sounded twice as loud. I wish I had an audio recording. It was an awesome experience. Later that evening a few of us walked across the street to the Hyatt and met Bonnie Raitt’s backup band. As a footnote, in recent years there’d been light shows at Grande Place, awesome

Alberta All Girls in Brussels 1977 - 1

77-brussels1.jpg

Incredible! I'd bet the sound was amazing.

I like the size of the crowd too - looks like everyone simply stopped what they were doing and came to watch. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Uncle, great historical photo. Any idea how many of these young men moved "up" to march with the Cavies? Any names to match with their faces?

Norman Dziedzic and Jeff Wroblewski ended up as co-DMs in Cavies...late 80s early 90s, I think. Their names must've given announcers MAJOR fits!