some old corps photos

Cyclones of Derby, Conn. at Barnum Festival Parade. Photo by Moe Knox. From the July 17 1963 DCN. From Duane C.

CyclonesofDerbyConnatBarnumFestivalParadephotobyMoeKnoxFromtheJuly171963DCNFromDuaneC.jpg

Gun Hill Jr Corps Bronx, NY. From the July 17 1963 DCN. From Duane C.

GunHillJrCorpsBronxNYFromtheJuly171963DCNFromDuaneC.jpg

Madison Scouts CG pass stands at Blue and Gold Tournament of Champions in Mundelein, ILL. Sunday June 30 1963. From the July 17 DCN. From Duane C.

MadisonScoutsCGpassstandsatBlueandGoldTnmtofChpnsinMundeleinILLSundayJune301963FromtheJuly17DCNFr1.jpg

Madison Scouts in concert at Blue and Gold Tournament of Champions in Mundelein, ILL. Sunday June 30 1963. From the July 17 DCN. From Duane C.

MadisonScoutsinconcertatBlueandGoldTnmtofChpnsinMundeleinILLSundayJune301963FromtheJuly17DCNFromD1.jpg

Holy Family 1963 at White Stadium ay Logan Airport. Lots of people on the back.

1963whitestadium.JPG

The stadium near Logan Airport I believe is called East Boston Stadium. White Stadium is off of Blue Hill Ave., near the Roxbury section of Boston. Great photo.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what corps this is?

As a marching member of the 1969 Milford Shoreliners I can confirm thats who this is.

Connecticut state champions 67-71.

This is at the end of our show, we played a medley of Going Home into God Bless America

written by Joe Genero, it was a great piece. 1969 might have been our best year.

All I know is I had a great time marching in the Shoreliners.

Gun Hill Jr Corps Bronx, NY. From the July 17 1963 DCN. From Duane C.

GunHillJrCorpsBronxNYFromtheJuly171963DCNFromDuaneC.jpg

I remember the Gun Hill Lancers from the Greater N.Y. Circuit, Cool picture. Thank you

Madison Scouts in concert ..... June 30 1963

MadisonScoutsinconcertatBlueandGoldTnmtofChpnsinMundeleinILLSundayJune301963FromtheJuly17DCNFromD1.jpg

Playing their brand new concert number "Malaguena". Looks like Nick Venden, who wrote the chart, is 4th man in the back platoon of bugles.

Off topic, but did anyone else notice that we've had over 2 million views of this thread? Or did I miss that post. Wonder if that's a record?

Pretty cool! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Off topic, but did anyone else notice that we've had over 2 million views of this thread? Or did I miss that post. Wonder if that's a record?

Pretty cool! :thumbup:

You're the first to post the over 2 million views statement :D Sometimes when I google to research a drum corps, I end up here; cool and funny lol I'll post a few more photos later. Thanks for your patience.

edit: for spelling and grammar ;)

Edited by lindap