some old corps photos

1975, American International @ Butler, I believe.  I'm in the second row, right next to an old girlfriend -  :sshh:

Here's the prelim scores, for those of you who weren't there:

8/5/1975 Class "A"

Marquis 73.00

Gauchos 66.80

Greece Cadets 66.35

Black Knights 62.00

Glassmen 61.95

Royal Knights 61.25

Floridians 60.95

Flying Dutchmen 60.40

Kingsmen 60.15

Charioteers 59.95

Wausau Story 59.45

Caballeros 55.20

Mark Twain Cadets 54.65

Krescendos 51.45

Saginaires 50.65

76ers 50.20

Cardinals of Precious Blood 45.50

American Patrol 45.15

Sundowners 44.80

Windjammers 44.05

Silver Sabres 43.85

Patriots 40.45

Princemen 37.00

Bluewater Buccaneers 37.00

84th Volunteer Bucktail Regiment 35.00

Mighty Liberators 34.25

Sabre Cadets 31.90

Voyageurs 30.50

Man, that prelim show must have taken hours!!!! :sumo:

Drum corps as i remember it........... sorta reminds me of the NJ VFW and American Legion shows in wildwood, NJ. I remember being on the ready line waiting to be inspected at 0530....

thed-landhorses.jpg

Here's part of The Anaheim Kingsmen hornline playing a gig at Disneyland circa 67 or 68. I filled in for somebody and had to wear the knight-and-horse suit one Sunday. These things were held on by a suspender-thing that supported the horse and hid the feet. Balance was sketchy at best but if you stepped on the front skirt you went immediatly off balance and fell forward...unable to pick yourself up. D-land "stage hands" had to lift you back on your feet and if they saw you quick enough you weren't too far behind everybody to catch up. Falling was to join "The Crunch For Lunch Bunch."

Bad craziness.

RON HOUSLEY

This was just sent to me. '75 Madison's mascot, "Phillup", and 9 members from 1975 Madison, at a recent gathering:

100_0067.jpg

I only see one wedding band. Could the rumours be true! :P

EDIT: It's a JOKE!!!! Don't kill the Apoch!

Edited by apoch003

1980 - The press packet I received said to wear something bright. They had no clue that the time of the interview would be while the Blue Devils were lining up, and just after we came off the field. Anyway I did have something bright on! This was during the live broadcasts when they used to show all top 12.

ZingaliInterview1980.jpg

1980 - The press packet I received said to wear something bright.  They had no clue that the time of the interview would be while the Blue Devils were lining up, and just after we came off the field.  Anyway I did have something bright on!  This was during the live broadcasts when they used to show all top 12.

ZingaliInterview1980.jpg

It's nice to see George in a shirt and tie. Didn't he borrow a pair of your shorts during finals weeks or sometime on 2nd tour?

End of Danny Boy 1994 - Wow we were huge!!

EndofDannyBoy1994.jpg