some old corps photos

Some fabulous corps in the 1981 DCI Yearbook, I believe photos may have been taken in 80 as is true with the monthly part of the calendar!

OtherDCICorps1981Yearbook.jpg

It's nice to see George in a shirt and tie.  Didn't he borrow a pair of your shorts during finals weeks or sometime on 2nd tour?

Oh my, what a memory you have! Yes, George wore many of my clothes - shorts, pants and tops, all unisex items!

Bob Stuart also did while on tour and when in Revere. The staff would dress up for certain shows - usually regionals and finals and he especially liked some of my white pants - one pair of pants that had zippers and could be unzipped to make shorts, that worked out well if it began hot and got cold or vice versa.

We got into a ritual of him wearing my chain with my lion on it. It was always good luck for me! I couldn't go on the field without him having it on! I'd be frantically putting it on him as we were heading towards the stadium. Bob was from California, came to march with us in 76, then taught in 77. A great person and a true gentleman!

Pretty big.  I think I just found my new desktop picture.  The Bodie's had this picture hanging in their basement.  I take time out to look at it everytime I'm over there.

Dynomite! It may be a better photo if I sent it to you as an attachment! You can think about it and get back to me! Moe Knox had so many great pictures, I wish I had bought more in 94!

The soprano in the Seattle Imperials picture marched with Blue Devils 81-83 and was the soloist in Everybody Loves the Blues as well as Pegasus.

Some fabulous corps in the 1981 DCI Yearbook, I believe photos may have been taken in 80 as is true with the monthly part of the calendar!

OtherDCICorps1981Yearbook.jpg

Dynomite!  It may be a better photo if I sent it to you as an attachment!  You can think about it and get back to me!  Moe Knox had so many great pictures, I wish I had bought more in 94!

That would be great. I'll PM you with my e-mail address. By the way in response to your previous repsonse, Bob Stewart came back to teach in 79. I thought he was was really gonna kill Bouchy after a show in Madison when he saw him wipe his face during the performance. Hence, "Bouchy, I'm going to kill you".

1980 - The press packet I received said to wear something bright.  They had no clue that the time of the interview would be while the Blue Devils were lining up, and just after we came off the field.  Anyway I did have something bright on!  This was during the live broadcasts when they used to show all top 12.

ZingaliInterview1980.jpg

:sumo::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh: : :huh:

1980 - The press packet I received said to wear something bright.  They had no clue that the time of the interview would be while the Blue Devils were lining up, and just after we came off the field.  Anyway I did have something bright on!  This was during the live broadcasts when they used to show all top 12.

ZingaliInterview1980.jpg

This should have not been left off the Legacy DVD....my one disappointment. :(

ZingaliInterview1980.jpg

What an awesome picture Nancy, do you have it framed somewhere? :)

This should have not been left off the Legacy DVD....my one disappointment.  :(

George82, I too am so very disappointed. I've never seen that 2-4 minute interview. George smiled and cried, and I just kept asking what he thought, how'd we do?.... I don't believe we answered even one of the questions the interviewer asked....it was one of those rare occasions where Zingali seemed so speechless, maybe because he was disappointed, or because he didn't want to tell me the true answer. Although I believe he always told me the truth.

He may have thought we did the best we could with what we had....

oh so long ago....