some old corps photos

Santa Clara Vanguard

ralph-23.jpg

Yes the photo is mirrored, look at the emblems on their chest and hat, should be on the left side.

GABA

Surprised you remember anything from the trip.  :P

Well, let me tell you, I have photos and a lot of great memories from that trip. I was only 16 and one of the more senior guys in the corps. We were supposed to do no more than 2 shows a day, but when our corps director was heard on the radio, we did as many as four shows in one day and three in the rest of the eight days we were over there. I could spend hours tell you about this trip. We only had a couple of occasions to enjoy a beverage, the only problem was, we all exhausted

from performing so we were to tired to drink. Our first day we played at a soccer game featuring Bayern Munich, an excellent team. This was the first time any of us performed in front of a FULL STADIUM, ALL 80,000 OF THEM. Now that was a rush.

It's things like that you don't have a tendancy to forget any time soon. B)

Yes the photo is mirrored, look at the emblems on their chest and hat, should be on the left side.

GABA

Boy do I feel stupid!

Boy do I feel stupid!

uh hu.....you are too....now go to your corner.

They are doing some back-sticking and twirling, the photo is correct

Doh!!!!

Thanks for posting these photos, this one is from 1974, we were in Munich Germany on the Oktoberfest grounds. They have this huge midway with rides I haven't seen before or since. There must have been about 1,000 acres of midway and beer tents!!! A couple of the tents held up to 5,000 people. You can't see the security we had but there was a wedge of police ahead of us our corps director figured about 150 police surrounding us. You have to keep in mind that this was 2 years after the Olympic masacre of some of the members of the Israeli national team, that's why all the security!!

Boy what a trip!! BTW, there is no drinking age in Germany. (hick  :ph34r:  )

WOW! I forgot all about you guys doing that trip!

Now I remember all of the other G.L.D.C.A. Corps were proud of you guys,AND just a little bit jealous.

Must have been a FANTASTIC Time!! :)

WOW! I forgot all about you guys doing that trip!

Now I remember all of the other G.L.D.C.A. Corps were proud of you guys,AND just a little bit jealous.

Must have been a FANTASTIC Time!! :)

I guess we have one up on all the other corps in North America, getting a stand ovation from 80,000 people !!!! What a RUSH!! b**bs b**bs b**bs

We had this one section, about 5,000 people started chanting CA NA DA,

CA NA DA, you could see everyones chess expand with pride an extra inch!!!!

I think we were the FIRST North American drum corps to go to Europe, but I could be wrong. B)

You HUSH, Mike.  /slap

I was dave's roommate, if I can't B slap him, who can.