some old corps photos

Yeah, GGarrett - and as a former snare drummer, even THAT (moving up to the 50 and going up and down the 50 yard line) was a challenge way back! We were trying to get the percussive SOUND across - to compliment the music and we had some very heavy drums back then - I hope that the drummers today will try and do the same - it's all about the sound!

well, Rob... today's drumlines not only can play like absloute maniacs ( :huh::huh: ), the drums

coming out now (see Remo's website and check the new TDE set ups...you WILL see those soon) make it

much easier to play while doing those insane, sick moves they do now.

I tell ya, i woulda had a heart attack trying to move like they do now carrying those garbage cans we

played on... b**bs b**bs

GGarrett - no doubt the drummers today have the moves and rhythm - it's just that I can't HEAR them and it makes me wanna create some snare drums that can actually be heard (while the dedicated snare drummers keep doing what they do!) - I think I posted something a few weeks ago with this theme in mind - I want to hear from snare drummers in drum corps and WANT to make a drum that will be HEARD!

Crossmen -1981

The Flag in the center of the top photo is Michelle Reti, formerly of the Bluecoats. I really like the bottom photo.

1981Crossmen.jpg

Just letting you know that is Crossmen 1982 I can tell because of the Blue Lame flags plus a wider white belt was added that year.

can we see you in any of those shots sandy?

I can only take so many more pictures, my heart is thumping out of my chest.....this should go down in history as the best thread that ever was....remind me for the next round of "awards" :huh: on here!!

I agree girl! I should just book mark this page since it is the one I usually go to first.

Keep those pictures coming....I LOVE IT! :huh::huh::huh:

Here are the I.C. Reveries, both junior and senior. The senior corps became the 27th Lancers and the other stayed as the I.C. Reveries and ended up in the same division. After the 74 season about 30 people joined 2-7, and many of the rest became the North Star after a few mergers.

ReveriesReunion2001.jpg

George Bonfiglio and my Dad are in the top left picture in the 2nd row. They are on the far left in that row with the staffs' blue jackets on.

The bottom left picture is that of our drum major who is none other than TJ Toucette who has been with the Blue Devils since about 1981. She is one of the best technicians in the business. Just think of the BD rifle line! Hope she won't kill me for this!! :huh:

DCP's up4479 parents :huh: were the directors of the juniors who became a division 1 corps under their leadership! He is also an alum of 2-7.

John2780 was also a Reverie. Both of his parents were heavily involved with both I.C. and 2-7. Mr. Mauro always got us to where we were going safely, and kept our fleet rolling well past what was thought possible. :huh:

There are so many more drum corps stories in this one cover, but I'll leave it at that!

Thanks for putting up with my ramblings.

EDIT: I apologize, when I previewed this post, it was not this big...OUCH! So sorry.

Nancy, What year did the reveries have the "infamous" sit in.. Also, cannot remember what it was for..?

Crossmen -1981

The Flag in the center of the top photo is Michelle Reti, formerly of the Bluecoats. I really like the bottom photo.

1981Crossmen.jpg

I know Michelle Reti, we were kinda, sorta seeing each other during tour back in the mid to late 70's !!!

What is she up to now anybody know ? :P B) How about Valerie Gedell(sp) ?

Edited by ODBC

Just letting you know that is Crossmen 1982 I can tell because of the Blue Lame flags plus a wider white belt was added that year.

Also since it was mentioned that Michele Reti from the bluecoats is in that pic it can't be 1981 because she marched bluecoats in 1981, and i thought she marched bluecoats in 1982 but she may have been one of the guard members who left during the winter because of staff issues.

This is for Bleu Raeder. Sandy Williams is the cutie in the bottom picture, and her sister Sharrie is the one in the bandana in the top photo. I don't think I have any of Marty, I can picture him in my mind, but haven't found a photo.

TheWilliamsGirls.jpg

Thanks! Sherrie and I had a little 'thing' for a while when they were in New Orleans. I almost always stayed at the Williams house during the weekend camps. Marty is a tall gangly soprano player.

Edited by Bleu Raeder