some old corps photos

OK, OK, You guys are right, I got 1981 and 1982 Crossmen mixed up. Must have been last night's libations. :wub::rolleyes: Michelle Reti marched in '82. She is now Michelle Garvey and we swap Christmas cards every year. She has a couple of kids, teaches school in a Philly suburb, and that's about all I know. Don't know about Valerie Guedel. Laura McCourry was another Bluecoat that went to the Crossmen. And Larry Rebellot went on to become DM for Bridgemen.

OK, these are for Uncle Z. I believe he requested them.

6ef803de.jpg

Same here, for those of you who have photos, negatives or slides, I can scan them all. :rolleyes:
Me too......the history here is too importanat to let all those old photos sit around up the attic (or wherever :) ) collecting dust. If you don,t have a scanner, PLEASE contact one the folks here that do(myself included) and we will be more than happy to get your pictures up and returned to you! :)

This has got to be one of the best threads ever, deserving of its own web site.
If this thread gets much bigger, it's gonna have to be it's own site!! :P

I had a few days off last week and decided to start back at page 1 again.......took me 2 1/2 days to get through it all!

Nancy, What year did the reveries have the "infamous" sit in.. Also, cannot remember what it was for..?

I shall scan the story and put it here for all!

It mainly had to do with the 13th place corps getting their penalties thrown out to go into finals, so George figured, then ours should be thrown out.

We entered the stadium as another corps and proceeded to sit on the starting line. The show would NOT go on unless the Reveries were able to do their show. Although it was not judged, George and staff indeed did make their point! After judges throwing their hats down on the ground, the drum major continuing to NOT move the corps, Patsy B and my Mother crying in the stands, along with me and Darlene (George's daughter) thinking it was the coolest thing we had ever seen! The sit down seemed like it went on for hours!

I'll put the whole story up!

Here is page 1 of 2, I hope it's big enough to read, if not I'll re-post.

Sitdownpage1.jpg

Page 2 of 2 Sit Down at VFW 1966

Sitdownpage2.jpg

I posted a pic of the "sitdown" a few pages ago!

I can't find them! I'll wait to post mine in case they're the same ones.

I have the original pictures from that night and also from the first 2-7 parade, actually the first 2 years of parades, but that first one was amazing. I'll have to dig them up. They're 8 1/2 X 11 or something like that, so I'll need to figure out how to re-size them so that you aren't blurry. I have what one of my sisters wore in that first parade. It's a West Point Jacket.

Usually DanS is very good at Photoshop! I haven't seen Dan at all on this thread.

Dan, you around?