some old corps photos

Both you and Tansea just got the women in boots fetish...(I'm not saying thats a bad thing)

Oh by the way, The Lancers color guard had extremelt H - O - T women and I know first hand !! ( with all due respect)

There is just something about getting back on the bus after a show and the scent of leather lingering in the air....amen brother, amen! b**bs

Edited by Tansea

Ah sweet!!! I get it now..... :worthy:

Wow, Spirit did a tribute to Gail? That's cool....give me details.

I love the Vanguard "V" that the cymbals are doing in the background.

One more from that Spirit 2003 show! ( sorry about the quality, I am not near a scanner right now so I am taking pics of these photos with my digital camera and uploading them)

P9170009_edited.jpg

Wow, they're pretty darned good! I assumed you were using a scanner! :)

Thanks for the clarification. I knew there were a number of tributes, but forgot the specifics.

And thank you, Malibu and fleabag, for the fantastic photos! Nice to see this thread back on track! ^OO^

You are welcomed! As much as I love this thread, I may not post any more pictures. From what I understand, permission has been granted to a certain individual to take "our" photos and put them on a website. On that website you can purchase "our" pictures. To me this is flat out WRONG and I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT! :sshh:

Malibu,

How many pictures have been stolen, and how do you find them? That lady has a huge amount of pictures on her site, and I looked through a lot of them, and didn't see any from here. Most of what I saw were old photos from the very early days, and a few from different Drum Corps publications. There were also some that were obviously taken by individuals.

I, also, have a huge problem with the fact that these pictures are for sale. But I wonder, just playing devil's advocate here, if this is just a collection of hers, and it is just so happens that these photos are collected on a site that is for photos for sale. That sounds stupid, the way I am explaining myself. What I mean to say is that possibly she does not know of sites, like Photobucket, that so many of us use on here, that allow you to put your collection on the 'net. Perhaps she is harmless? Perhaps she, like us, just wants to share her collection, and this is the only site she found that allows her to do this.

That being said, her collection of photos is incredible. So much history there, so much that I have never seen before. A great group of pictures of well known Drum Corps legends. Maybe someone, (maybe me) could contact her and let her know about free sites and DCP, where she can share without charging. Maybe, just maybe, she never had any intention of making money from these photos.

Just a thought, please don't think I condone the sale of stolen property. I don't. <**>

Malibu,

How many pictures have been stolen, and how do you find them? That lady has a huge amount of pictures on her site, and I looked through a lot of them, and didn't see any from here. Most of what I saw were old photos from the very early days, and a few from different Drum Corps publications. There were also some that were obviously taken by individuals.

I, also, have a huge problem with the fact that these pictures are for sale. But I wonder, just playing devil's advocate here, if this is just a collection of hers, and it is just so happens that these photos are collected on a site that is for photos for sale. That sounds stupid, the way I am explaining myself. What I mean to say is that possibly she does not know of sites, like Photobucket, that so many of us use on here, that allow you to put your collection on the 'net. Perhaps she is harmless? Perhaps she, like us, just wants to share her collection, and this is the only site she found that allows her to do this.

That being said, her collection of photos is incredible. So much history there, so much that I have never seen before. A great group of pictures of well known Drum Corps legends. Maybe someone, (maybe me) could contact her and let her know about free sites and DCP, where she can share without charging. Maybe, just maybe, she never had any intention of making money from these photos.

Just a thought, please don't think I condone the sale of stolen property. I don't. <**>

I saw at least three that belong to me. Two that I took and one that I purchased from a DCI photographer. I agree there is much history on that website and if she wants to show the collection with out making a profit, I have no problem with that. Perhaps you are right that she is not aware of PhotoBucket or ImageShack that provides a free service for hosting pictures.

I saw at least three that belong to me. Two that I took and one that I purchased from a DCI photographer. I agree there is much history on that website and if she wants to show the collection with out making a profit, I have no problem with that. Perhaps you are right that she is not aware of PhotoBucket or ImageShack that provides a free service for hosting pictures.

Didn't you say someone posted some of these photos of yours on ebay once? They'd have to know they didn't belong to them to sell on that place. :drool:

I'm not gonna post any more pictures on here either, sorry, I don't want to see my pictures up on somebody elses website so I'm just gonna protect myself from now on..that's all.

The least people should do is give proper credit to those who donated pictures. Every time anybody sends us anything we always give proper credit to the owners. I have bought some pictures from professional photographers too and I would never dream of not giving proper credit, not only is it bad business not too, it's just proper business etiquette to do so.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For goodness sake, why do a few bad apples have to ruin it for everybody? We had this great thread, made a whole lot of people giddy with joy for 700-some-pages, got to relive something magical, and then a couple of people do something they ought'nt, and then *poof*, it's all down the drain. Is there nothing left for the good folks?

:drool:

Oh well, one thing I'm learning from this every day, is the internet can be a bad, bad place, what some might mean for "good" others take and "exploit". And I'm more heart broken then ever to see that a lot of these folks come from an activity I once revered as being one that taught about "doing the right thing".