Voting Process

Shawn777

Which sounds like the best method to vote for future propositions.  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which sounds like the best method to vote for future propositions.

• Vote using a poll thread
    • Vote via PM with your vote selections
    • Use a open thread to vote
    • Other (please share a suggestion)

Some questions have come up recently on exactly HOW are we going to go about the vote process. I had illuded to several ideas and would like some input.

There are three methods that I think we can go about doing this. Obviously we aren't at a round table -- able to talk face-to-face and vote with an "easy" medium. Here's some ideas.

Do the poll feature thing.

PRO: You click a button. :P

CON: The only trick here is making sure the people who CAN VOTE ARE VOTING (ie: no outside parties voting who shouldn't) A probable solution is to have everyone who is "voting" must let me know so I can get an official count. If the poll somehow goes over the actual official number of voters -- I'll know something is fishy.

Send a PM with your vote selections.

PRO: Simply send over a PM with what you choose. No muss no fuss.

CON: I'm going to be my own devil's advocate here. Honestly, there will be those that will wonder if the "tabulator" isn't cooking the books with the vote counts. The only way I can see through this is to send an extra PM to Steve or Jeff to keep things honest. If they see a miscalculation, they can gang up on me. :sshh:

Have the propositions voted on by thread.

PRO: A thread is started with the proposition as the topic. All voters either vote "yay" or "nay" as a post reply. This gives us an accurate count of who has voted and if you choose to change your vote, you have until the deadline to do so.

CON: Everyone will know how you voted.

What does everyone think? I'm all ears.

I think it should be an open process. I'm not sure but I think DCA shares the results of the votes between the corps.

I had voted for PM, but I'd be fine with in-thread voting.

open thread voting, that way we know its legit.