30 YEARS AND STILL GUESSING ABOUT OUR DQ

I just had the opportunity to read some of the most outrageous posts ever regarding our 1975 season.  It's great that the corps lives in infamy to this day, but all the EXPERTS here just feed the speculation and the myth. As one who was there through the DQ, and more importantly, the weeks preceding the finals...it was clearly obvious that this incident was planned for quite some time.  Rather than rehash this subject here as I guess you have done...you can write to me personally, and I will show you ACTUAL copies of the "destroyed" drum sheets, and whatever else you would like to settle this once and for all.  And yes....we have a score.  First place....6 over Scouts

To see these sheets please visit this website

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could care less what anyone says. The 1975 Muchachos is one of my all-time favorite shows EVER. Of all the shows from the 1970's, I listen to the recording I have (from a show a week or so before Philly) more than any other. Easily. Could listen to it for hours at a time and never get tired of it. Awesome show!

Rich - you and I both know:

1) Hawthorne had a few great performances that last week before finals - a smoking CYO Nats show and a great drumline

2) Someone in that corps - perhaps two members - knew they were marching overage

3) If anyone had those drum sheets - I think Dennis Delucia would - and why wait 30 years to prove it

4) My turn...... :yawn:

6 points? As much as that's so hard to believe--and it is. The Muchachos couldn't beat the Scouts 4 DAYS before DCI Prelims. These recaps don't lie as opposed to the person who started this thread.

8/11/75 CYO Nationals

1. SCOUTS--90.55

2. MUCHACHOS--88.70

3. BLUE DEVILS--87.45

4. VANGUARD--86.80

2 days before that:8/9/75--World Open

1. BLUE DEVILS--91.05

2. VANGUARD--89.05

3. 27TH LANCERS--87.40

4. MUCHACHOS--86.55

1975 Regional Recaps

I was at the DCI office a month ago. I spoke to several DCI officials that were there and was told that as soon as the Muchachos score was tabulated Bob Briske took all of the sheets and destroyed them. He didn't even know what their score was. There is no score for the Muchachos!! It sucks, but that's what happened.

Also found out not only did they have several overage guys but one of them was 36! I don't mind a couple of years over, but 36? Go big or go home!!

Go way over the age limit Devils,

Gregg

w/Stp:

Edited by From The Pressbox

Also found out not only did they have several overage guysm one of them was 36!

I don't mind a couple of years over, but 36?  Go big or go home!!

Go way over the age limit Devils,

Gregg

w/Stp:

With this in mind, I am applying for one of the recent SCV baritone openings.

See you guys on tour!

:P

nm - i just checked, and this dude's on a major troll-baiting expedition today. No reason to give him any more troll chow... :P

Edited by mobrien

wow Ron Allard doesnt have to feel so bad now

wow Ron Allard doesnt have to feel so bad now