Who got 1st place robbed from them

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Devs came out after them, it was clear who was on that night and who wasn't.

Unlike '76, '77 (lockdowns), and ''79, 1980 finals was the most magical, memorable finals performance of my career with the Devils, as we came out on fire.

If read some of the responses, there's actually some real honest feedback from people who were there, like LancerLegend about 80 27.

I agree with ContraRich! How many times does this stupid topic have to come up? It's really easy for those of you who haven't won to sit there and try to take that away from someone else, and it's pathetic. Truly pathetic! If you all are such big know-it-alls, then why aren't you judging?

At the end of the day, I have my ring, and that's all that matters!

Edited by gellio

Unlike '76, '77 (lockdowns), and ''79, 1980 finals was the most magical, memorable finals performance of my career with the Devils, as we came out on fire.

Thus my entire point earlier BD Legend. You and the staff and vets were well prepared - having been there before, knowing how to prep and pace yourselves.

We truly left the greatest performance of the year at the last run thru before we left for the stadium. Funny thing - we were NOT going to have that last run thru. We sort of had a last run thru - which was tentative. So, collectively the kids and staff said - hey - that was not a good "last" run thru - lets kick it up a notch and leave here upbeat. Trouble is - we did leave it all on that high school field. I can't look back. I'll always think we won in 94 instead !!!!!! b**bs

Thus my entire point earlier BD Legend. You and the staff and vets were well prepared - having been there before, knowing how to prep and pace yourselves.

We truly left the greatest performance of the year at the last run thru before we left for the stadium. Funny thing - we were NOT going to have that last run thru. We sort of had a last run thru - which was tentative. So, collectively the kids and staff said - hey - that was not a good "last" run thru - lets kick it up a notch and leave here upbeat. Trouble is - we did leave it all on that high school field. I can't look back. I'll always think we won in 94 instead !!!!!!  b**bs

Well, our staff definitely knew how to "git er done", and with "Knute" Moxley around, there was always a calmness amongst the corps. Mike just knew how to focus the corps no matter how much the odds were stacked against us.

This thread is dumb.

(All Whining, All The Time!!)

Here's a little more whining for you....

1978 Phantom Regiment...clearly the best show at prelims and finals in Denver IMO!....and it is not whining, it's just an opinion...besides, you are whining too, so you must be in good company!

Edited by felixh

That's right Gellio...that's what it's ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL about...

Jeepers... <**>

I agree with ContraRich!  How many times does this stupid topic have to come up?  It's really easy for those of you who haven't won to sit there and try to take that away from someone else, and it's pathetic.  Truly pathetic!  If you all are such big know-it-alls, then why aren't you judging?

Gee, might we be just a wee tad touchy because 88 Madison seems to be questioned every time a topic like this arises??

If you don't like the topic.....it's very simple, don't click on it.

Here's a little more whining for you....

1978 Phantom Regiment...clearly the best show at prelims and finals in Denver IMO!....and it is not whining, it's just an opinion...besides, you are whining too, so you must be in good company!

Oh, Okay. (what was I whining about again??)

(scratches head)