Crusaders Alive and Well

I still cannot help thinking about a Bill clone wearing a Kilt, taught by Jerry again!!!!

That would be awesome...

Donny

Bill in a kilt - I actually laughed out loud. Thanks Donny, I needed that.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BILL HOYT CADETS

For all the Bill Hoyt fans out there, get your Bill Hoyt Apparel.

Make sure to bust his balls about this a little for me. ;-) Or just ask Megan to do something with them for me.

Oh no you did not... lol

I miss the Bill Hoyt days.. apparently I'll be getting a third summer with him! :-P Can't wait.

Look for Bill...or a cloner at your next rehearsal. It should be another eventful summer with Bill in all of the DCA corps' this year.

We should take odds at what staff member or corps member cracks first. Will it be a marching member...a brass staffer or a marching staffer...who dares to bet on this one.????

I know for sure that it won't be me...I caved in. I let Bill play whatever he wants now...it is better that way.

Donny

Mr. Allen, I am here.

I wish the Crusadres the best of luck this year. I can't wait to see you guys on the field.

Joe and me are planning to go to a show where Crusadres are at and the Hurricanes.

You will then see us both together.

I still think you should be a drum major!

God bless you and all of your indevors.

Thanks to you Mr. Johansen.

And you brought me to light about something that I think is very important to clarify. As I consider you guys...you and guys like Joe Burke, et.al...the true pioneers of the old school of drum corps, I am remiss if I don't let everyone reading these posts that I consider Mr. Bill Hoyt as a pioneer in his own right as well. Just to let every know that reads these things that the jokes I make sometimes, are just that. Bill really doesn't deserve it, because he is a true gentleman with tons of heart and drum corps experience to share with anyone that will listen. Nothing but my own conscience has prompted me to state this publicly.

I realize that sometimes inside jokes on here get misconstrued but I truly would take a whole corps of guys like Bill with the heart and drive he has to still compete. Every corps in DCA has some guys like Bill that drive 4 hours in a snowstorm to come to a lightly attended rehearsal, but Bill really is a special guy and I salute him...he would do that every week and not complain a bit.

Bill's roots go back to the Interstatesmen and before that... and he has always been an outstanding member wherever he was. He still is that at the Crusaders. he is one of the people that will be responsible for the corps being back on the field on June 25th. Without guys like Bill the corps wouldn't have a chance. I will take Bill any day of the week in any horn line that I teach or play in. I will go ahead and say that I love Bill Hoyt and mean it 100%, so if you read anything bad into the previous posts, think twice and remember that it is meant in fun and that is all.

I would not send Bill clones to every corps in DCA if I could, because they all dont deserve it...but I would send them to Bucs and Empire so he could march next to Tammy and Julia once again. :P

I meant what I said and I am very serious this time. I wasn't trying to insult one of the true pioneers left on the field this year in competition. These guys paved the road we are travelling on these days. I am grateful for what they have done.

Donny

Edited by donnymusic

Look for Bill...or a cloner at your next rehearsal. It should be another eventful summer with Bill in all of the DCA corps' this year.

We should take odds at what staff member or corps member cracks first. Will it be a marching member...a brass staffer or a marching staffer...who dares to bet on this one.????

I know for sure that it won't be me...I caved in. I let Bill play whatever he wants now...it is better that way.

Donny

hehehe I guess you missed me throwing my drill sheets across the field last Saturday... Im OK now tho :worthy:

Sooooo... Do we have practice this week or something like that?? b**bs

And you brought me to light about something that I think is very important to clarify. As I consider you guys...you and guys like Joe Burke, et.al...the true pioneers of the old school of drum corps, I am remiss if I don't let everyone reading these posts that I consider Mr. Bill Hoyt as a pioneer in his own right as well. Just to let every know that reads these things that the jokes I make sometimes, are just that. Bill really doesn't deserve it, because he is a true gentleman with tons of heart and drum corps experience to share with anyone that will listen. Nothing but my own conscience has prompted me to state this publicly.

I realize that sometimes inside jokes on here get misconstrued but I truly would take a whole corps of guys like Bill with the heart and drive he has to still compete.  Every corps in DCA has some guys like Bill that drive 4 hours in a snowstorm to come to a lightly attended rehearsal, but Bill really is a special guy and I salute him...he would do that every week and not complain a bit.

Bill's roots go back to the Interstatesmen and before that... and he has always been an outstanding member wherever he was. He still is that at the Crusaders. he is one of the people that will be responsible for the corps being back on the field on June 25th. Without guys like Bill the corps wouldn't have a chance. I will take Bill any day of the week in any horn line that I teach or play in. I will go ahead and say that I love Bill Hoyt and mean it 100%, so if you read anything bad into the previous posts, think twice and remember that it is meant in fun and that is all.

I would not send Bill clones to every corps in DCA if I could, because they all dont deserve it...but I would send them to Bucs and Empire so he could march next to Tammy and Julia once again. :P

I meant what I said and I am very serious this time. I wasn't trying to insult one of the true pioneers left on the field this year in competition. These guys paved the road we are travelling on these days. I am grateful for what they have done.

Donny

Couldn't have said it myself with more sincerity !

Rick

I realize that sometimes inside jokes on here get misconstrued but I truly would take a whole corps of guys like Bill with the heart and drive he has to still compete.  Every corps in DCA has some guys like Bill that drive 4 hours in a snowstorm to come to a lightly attended rehearsal, but Bill really is a special guy and I salute him...he would do that every week and not complain a bit.

Donny

I dont know how you did it, but I found myself wishing for a moment, just a moment, that this whole clone thing was real. I kinda feel like hugging Bill.

:worthy::worthy::angry:

I'm so glad I started this thread. It wasn't meant to be a joke but serious. Yes he isn't the best but as Donny says, Bill has a HUGE heart and is very loyal to the activity and to the Crusaders.

SALUTE