:P When I joined it was "the boys in powder blue". Then we got the BDs old unis (royal blue) and wimmen in the corps (so much for "the boys" part).

Had someone try to tell me "red and green" meant Cabs and Hurrcs. It actually means Archie and Reilly (I think)  :blink:

Right you are. Archie & Reilly.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, no one has marbles to admit the Hawthorne song that exisists out there. Well, I remember it cause I sang it as a Bushwacker. But now I am a Cab so I'll have to refrain. The funny thing is, you never know whos around when you decide to hum a certain little ditty. I was standing in line in Giants Stadium last year wearing my Cabs jacket when a certain DCA DCPer from a certain NY state corps started humming the tune of which I speak. He had no way of knowing I might know it. So I turn to him and say, "you think you're funny but I know what the **** you're singing" He was a little startled and embarrassed and it was all in fun so there was no fisticuffs, but just be carefull with these songs out there.

We play bongos we play drums

you know the rest... lol

Hawthorne Forever! :blink:

Reading had another Cabs song sung to the tune of Man of La Mancha, I think. I don't remember the words. By the time I marched there there were only a couple verses left in the corps' collective memory.

:P  :P  :P I'm only 5'6" I don't brawl, I jut sit back, drink my beer and laugh....

Its not you guys.Im 6'5" and close to 300 #s .No one usually f's with me.Im just afraid someone wont get the joke or take it badly and take it out on a friend.As cool as everyone here is,not everyone "gets it".You know? :)

^0^

Marie and Rick Roberts brought a whole ####load of classics with  them here,plus we've done some amateur songwriting over the years.

Such as:

Tastycake Man

Mission Impossible

Rick,if your lurking out there,remember "Ragmop?",I heard them play that on the Honeymooners once and spit my drink everywhere.Hey compari? :P

Tastycake Man! Master of all that is cream-filled!

Tastycake Man!  Master of all that is cream-filled!

Hi Dave.Nice pic. :)

Hi Dave.Nice pic. :)

Hey Jerome. The sideline photographer hardly ever caught me in 15 years of drum corps before I joined the Kilts, but as soon as I put on a skirt...

I have to remember to take that pic down eventually.

I have some pictures of you in a skirt, but it's not with the Kilties! :blink:

(ya big brute!..I miss those Mongolian Cluster_____)!

Jim, I concur with Dave, Archie and Reilly were the Red and Green of the song...

Btw.. The Hershey song is a farce! I figured I better own up before Handy comes online and busts my stones! hahaha!!!

Hey Jerome.  The sideline photographer hardly ever caught me in 15 years of drum corps before I joined the Kilts, but as soon as I put on a skirt...

I have to remember to take that pic down eventually.

\

I know that Sun HAS to have something about the "dove" incident! (otherwise know as our evil plot to "ice" you before you went on!)

Actually, Sun's never had a song about the dove/pigeon incident.

The night it happened in 1980, however, several of us did want to come to your hotel, chain you all to your beds, and burn the place down. b**bs

However, cooler heads eventually prevailed. :P

Fran

YES! I remember part of the verse!

I am I Jimmy Russo the Lord God of Hawthorne!!!

Shame that some of these are going away with the brain cells!

Reading had another Cabs song sung to the tune of Man of La Mancha, I think.  I don't remember the words.  By the time I marched there there were only a couple verses left in the corps' collective memory.

I heard something to the effect of that! I marched with a former Sun bari player (George something or other) and when he found out I marched in 80 he said something to the effect of ______birds!

That's a classic blame Larry incident! hahaha!!! To tell you the truth, the corps basically found out about it after practice between prelims and finals...someone asked what the "F" those timpani cases were doing on the field at prelims...and Larry owned up! It SOUNDED like a good idea! <**>

Thankfully, I didn't play timpani the next year! dang birds used it as a porta potty!

Actually, Sun's never had a song about the dove/pigeon incident.

The night it happened in 1980, however, several of us did want to come to your hotel, chain you all to your beds, and burn the place down.  b**bs 

However, cooler heads eventually prevailed.  :P

Fran