1989 Madison Scouts - Visual Performance

Hi All,

It's been a long time since I looked at the 1989 recaps, and I must say I am stunned that we placed 2nd in Visual Performance. How? I know you really can't judge a performance from the DVDs, but when I watch our show, I see a 7th place visual performance. And, how the #### did Star of Indiana place 5th in brass? They should have been 2nd (behind Phantom), IMO. I was brought to the recaps today because I was curious how Star placed in brass. I just listened to the show, and their hornline rocked.

Hi All,

It's been a long time since I looked at the 1989 recaps, and I must say I am stunned that we placed 2nd in Visual Performance.  How?  I know you really can't judge a performance from the DVDs, but when I watch our show, I see a 7th place visual performance.  And, how the #### did Star of Indiana place 5th in brass?  They should have been 2nd (behind Phantom), IMO.  I was brought to the recaps today because I was curious how Star placed in brass.  I just listened to the show, and their hornline rocked.

According to the recap I have Visual Performance went like this:

1st: Phantom Regiment 14.9

2nd: Santa Clara Vanguard 14.7

3rd: Cavaliers 14.6

4th: Cadets of Bergen County 14.5

5th: Blue Devils 14.4

6th: Madison Scouts 14.3

7th: Star of Indiana 14.1

According to the recap I have Visual Performance went like this:

1st: Phantom Regiment 14.9

2nd: Santa Clara Vanguard 14.7

3rd: Cavaliers 14.6

4th: Cadets of Bergen County 14.5

5th: Blue Devils 14.4

6th: Madison Scouts 14.3

7th: Star of Indiana 14.1

Ah, you're right. I was looking at the Semi's recaps! Still, we shouldn't have beaten Star in VP! No way! And, Cavies should have walked away with VP in 1989. No one was even close...maybe SCV.

Good....you can work on 84 next!

Sure, I'll work to put you guys in 3rd, with Garfield in 2nd and Santa Clara in 1st. Would that work :) Totally kidding. Sucks about '84. BD & Garfield were too close to call. Santa Clara was #### good too. I'd been happy if any of you three won, especially SCV.

Edited by gellio

Well, can you honestly tell me if you watch us and Star that we were cleaner visually?  Doubt it!

Dont you remember that in 1989, prelims were a random draw and there was no set "order" of appearance.....??

You had a corps like the Railmen going on right after SCV :music:

This totally affected scoring and placement and is why some of the numbers were out of line for prelims......BTW, 89 Scouts visual performance was quite good, carriage, transition, and impact were all tight.

~G~