Biggest messups in DCI history?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone I marched with in '83 was in the stands in '82 and immediately commented to her boyfriend, "They just lost nationals."

BD had it won, anyway.

But the crowd went nuts! Would any of today's corps take a chance like that? Last year's big finals hype from the top 2: Cadets had someone extra, or a DCI judge, or something else forgettable pop through the door. Cavaliers dressed their ball player like a Red Sox.

Daring.

Bring back the gun?

It wasn't huge, but the mello soloist in the Cadets '95 ballad ended that last note about 5 bars early. The look on her face was just sad, but I'm sure life went on. There were a couple of nasty falls in that show too.

She was also sick as a dog that week but marched anyway. It's only about four beats, not five bars, that she cut off. And she was bone of the best mellophone soloists the corps ever had. What a sound!

Edited by Hrothgar15

1985 SkyRyders (the first Wizard of Oz show) had a soprano trio at the end. It was AWFUL at semis.

In 1986, it was a timpani roll instead.... :laugh:

I think in 2002, the sop soloist for BD cracked a note. I can't remember, but I know it was somewhere around or during "House of the Rising Sun"

I think on finals night in 03 the Blue Devil soloist cracked then too. I'm not sure if it was Finals night or Quarterfinals, but i was one of them.

Cadets in 2002. It was near the end. I think a mellophone player came in a little too early, and a lot of rifles were dropped that night.

And Cav's 2001, right before the snare solo and the brass were in the 2 big circles, the one guy fell over. I just love how he took his good ole time getting up from it too.

Carolina Crown, SEMIfinals, 2004. The top trumpet player on the trumpet trio in Bohemian Rhapsody ("I see a little silhouette...",) during where those words are in the song, completely butchers it, but he redeemed himself on finals night. I mean it was terrible.

Okay, so it was me. I would like to head a recording of that performance though.

The infamous piece of paper was 2001 and a member from southwind found it. If I remember right, the year after, the football team tackled Capital Regiment's hornline.

Yes...the coach who told his players to do that was fired after that and I believe the players had some kind punishment as well.

Speaking of the 2002 Cadets no one has mentioned that I saw about the mello who came in early after the silent rifle drops.

2000 Cavaliers, (sometime in mid-season, I think) The soprano soloist lost his third valve slide right before his solo, so he did the only thing he could do, stood there all by himself with his horn up in the silence while the rest of the hornline was off doing the drill. Poor fella.

1985 SkyRyders (the first Wizard of Oz show) had a soprano trio at the end. It was AWFUL at semis.

In 1986, it was a timpani roll instead.... :ninja:

It was a duet in 85, and yes, one of them blew chow in semi's. In 86, the arrangement was different, and the duet was not there - no replacement with tympani - just a different arrangement sans the squeeling sop duet.