Who was the Funniest person in your corps?

Dale Criswell, Bluecoats baritone '89-'90. This guy could have been a stand up comedian....or thief. I remember him taking orders whenever we stopped someplace. He'd always come back with a jacket full of stuff and just pass it out to everyone.

Dale did this great impression of Count Chocula smoking a joint....priceless. Just a funny funny guy.

DW

Edited by 93Bluecoat

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Macri - AKA - Hymie. He is - still to this day - a man of great humor. Makes us laugh every time we get together.

One of his hundreds of episodes took place while on southern tour in 76 or 77. Someone had bought a copy of Playboy, with the article by President Jimmy Carter. Hymie read the interview question in "Revere speak" and read the President's reply in Georgian. "I cannot deny that I have had lust in my heart for another woman."

Mega-dittoes Legend!

Many thought that Hymie was not of this planet. Yeah, I know. Somerville WAS another planet. (no offense, Terry)

One of my favorites was in the showers on tour, "Look at these zits! What girl would #@*%!& me with all these zits!

C'mon Paul.  Don't tell me you forgot about Bernie Schwartz and the "Brothers" did ya?  :worthy:

Maggie and Paul, I wasn't around before 73, but the guy who made me laugh non-stop was Tom Eschenfelder(sp?). He had me rolling constantly.

We had two guys in the Dutch Boy Cadets who kept us all in stitches, Tom Byers and Doug Cornwall.

There would be races to see who would get on their bus first. They were always the last ones to get on the bus, alot of the time they would make believe they were getting on one bus and then go to the other bus.

Even in the dark days when everything seemed to be going wrong these guys always brought us back to reality !!!!

Scott Eddy

He was one of our bass drummers.

Slight paunch, coke bottle glasses and stringy blond hair.

I distinctly remember his best line which was directed at our drum major on a bus ride.

Not for public consumption :worthy:

No one escaped his wrath :P

They say never trust a man with 2 first names....

Edited by dckid80

We had two guys in the Dutch Boy Cadets who kept us all in stitches, Tom Byers and Doug Cornwall.

There would be races to see who would get on their bus first.  They were always the last ones to get on the bus, alot of the time they would make believe they were getting on one bus and then go to the other bus.

Even in the dark days when everything seemed to be going wrong these guys always brought us back to reality !!!!

Tom Byers and Doug Cornwall were exactly the ones I was going to choose ODBC! :worthy:

There would be races to see who would get on their bus first.  They were always the last ones to get on the bus, alot of the time they would make believe they were getting on one bus and then go to the other bus.

Tom Byers and Doug Cornwall were exactly the ones I was going to choose ODBC!  :worthy:

Hey, 70sDB, welcome aboard!!! Hey Everyone this is 70's Dutchboy's first post!!!!

Barbrian and Bob Brady, he's one of us!!!!!!!!!

70DB, every time I see these guys, a rush of great onliners and funny stories come back!! These guys could make the Anaheim Kingsmen laugh!! (private joke)

Hey, 70sDB, welcome aboard!!! Hey Everyone this is 70's Dutchboy's first post!!!!

Barbrian and Bob Brady, he's one of us!!!!!!!!!

70DB, every time I see these guys, a rush of great onliners and funny stories come back!! These guys could make the Anaheim Kingsmen laugh!! (private joke)

Thanks for the welcome ODBC!! :)

I'll get to know my way around here and hopefully have things to say and share!

You may call yourself Old DBC...your choice...I'm still a rookie here...last time I was a rookie I was 12 y/o. LOL

Thanks for the welcome ODBC!!  :)

I'll get to know my way around here and hopefully have things to say and share!

You may call yourself Old  DBC...your choice...I'm still a rookie here...last time I was a rookie I was 12 y/o. LOL

From what I remember, 70'sDB, you weren't much of a rookie, lederhosen and all!!! :worthy: