Who was the Funniest person in your corps?

Billy Ryan, baritone in 27th Lancers in '86......The voices, oneliners, jokes and many uses of a "maxi pad".

HYSTERICAL!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In VF, Jeff Petersen (sp?), in the Dons, Loren Schneider (who went on to SCV in 86) and Tony Luna (who still keeps me rolling)

Billy Ryan, baritone in 27th Lancers in '86......The voices, oneliners, jokes and many uses of a "maxi pad".

HYSTERICAL!!!

Uses of a maxi pad.....I'm a fraid to ask but ......are there any uses...that you can put on here "WITHOUT GETTING THE THREAD CLOSED"!! b**bs b**bs b**bs

Uses of a maxi pad.....I'm a fraid to ask but ......are there any uses...that you can put on here "WITHOUT GETTING THE THREAD CLOSED"!! b**bs  b**bs  b**bs

No threat of closing down the thread......of course they were clean......he would put one on his chin - like Uncle Sam...wear 2 of them as sideburns...decorate the bus window....etc.

In the Saints, it was Bluto (Bill Berliner??)

Forgive me if I got the name wrong, memory is not my strong suit.

He was a contra player that always seemed to be laughing and was the designated nickname assigner.

But, he wasn't only the one that kept us laughing, he was an all around good guy. I remember him offering to put me up for the summer so I could keep marching in '77.

I remember seeing his name on a number of DCW articles. I can only hope that he kept on writing.

We had some guys in Dutch Boy Cadets that unintentionally were funny. They would watch the corps clowns Tom Byers and Doug Cornwall and then try to imitate them. You know that being imitated is the best form of flattery......well these guys failed some miseriably that they were hilarious. Rob Penner and Gene Langel.

Rob Penner used to try too hard to be funny and that in itself was funny. As for Gene we used to have shoe fights at night, you know throwing shoes around the gym to see who you could hit and wait to see what kind of screaming noise they would make. Well, Gene's shoes were a size thirteen, so everyone wanted to throw his shoes, they not only hurts like heck when they find their target, they made a loud whooping noise and they flew through the air. He didn't find that funny at all, that's only because nobody would tell him where his marching shoes were. That made him upset and extremely aggrevated and THAT was funny.

You had to have been there !!!! B)

• 1 year later...

Everyone who rode the "04". Non stop laughing. Unless George B. had to make an appearance for "Lancer adjustments". That bus should be a sit-com. What a cast. I wish I knew where it is. Lots of history. It would make a nice addition to the HOF. Was it rolled out for "Once more in 94"? What a great tour bus it could be for the city of Revere.

Eddie

Probably Jerry Denton, (one of those sopranos who hits all the high notes.... IN REHEARSAL! GRRRRrrrrr!)

He was just a big silly guy with a very hillbilly/silly sense of humor. We pretty much adored the guy.

Mega-dittoes Legend!

Somerville WAS another planet. (no offense, Terry)

One of my favorites was in the showers on tour, "Look at these zits! What girl would #@*%!& me with all these zits!

No offense taken, Spielberg! I'm in total agreement! Somerville was, and still is, another planet. Why the hell do you think I'm now 3 time zones away in San Jose????