2005 Live Season Discussion

Ok, I'm going to submit an official rules proposal at the end of the season saying "If DCI recaps are not available by a certain time the next day (maybe 5 PM DCP standard time), the director shall use generated captions in place of those scores; those scores will not be changed if DCI recaps become available after this time,"

Make it generous though like 48 hours.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'd prefer 24 hours, so as not to have a period where several shows' worth of scores get backed up.

Ok, I'm going to submit an official rules proposal at the end of the season saying "If DCI recaps are not available by a certain time the next day (maybe 5 PM DCP standard time), the director shall use generated captions in place of those scores; those scores will not be changed if DCI recaps become available after this time,"

I am already using a contingency plan about recaps that haven't been posted after 24 hours. They are not generated, per say. I'm am breaking down the captions per percentage based on DCI Finals. This way the DCI formula will still allow the percentage score to equal the show score. If I was to generate it, then the DCI formula would not equal the show score.

I'd rather wait for the real scores. Our corps' are built around how they corps' are performing this year with live scores. We start generating then we might as well ignore the current season that's going on.

It's just a contingency plan. Hopefully it won't be used that often.

Also...anyone who has Pioneer as one of your captions, they will be using generated caption scores instead of the what they recieved at DCM. They were 20 points higher at DCM than what they usually recieve.

Edited by sburstall

1 Shadow Mountain Marauders..... 17.19 17.50 15.34 16.40 15.90 14.60 14.70 14.60 16.20 80.935

1 Silver Crest.................. 17.10 17.50 15.34 15.60 13.50 14.60 15.50 15.00 16.50 80.595

ouch :(

And so hits the first dissapointment for the kids of Silver Crest. Rather than practice on a day that they thought they would be getting ready for a performance it was decided that the corps would split up for a free day. Some corps members are watching the championships, while others tour Chicago or are visiting Six Flags Great America.

What was up with the scores for the 9th???  I lost two points, including two full points in colorguard.

Most corp's scores dropped. I dropped just over a point.

CC's colorguard scores tanked big time (from a 16.0 to 14.5). And I don't see a type from DCI's side either.

Edited by sburstall

What was up with the scores for the 9th???  I lost two points, including two full points in colorguard.

Yeah, I really dont know why Crown scored so low in Guard at Louisville. I thought they were a lot better than most there, with the exception of Cadets. And then on the 10th, they win guard :blink: