2005 Live Season Discussion

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, still no recaps.... come on DCI....

Congrats to Kosmos, the first corps to break 80 this season, also winning the US Open Prelims.

Anyone look at the most recent scores? Something seemed fishy so I did some reverse engineering. It looks to me like if those captions line up correctly, Kosmos is using 147 points. CONSPIRACY! <**> Can you verify this? This would mean they would have to be in 35 shows already this year to have 7 bonus points. hrmmmmm. :worthy: Am I missing something?

Maybe it was a goof up. Here is the scores I am looking at...

July 5, 2005

................................ Effect......Music...................Visual

................................ Mus...Vis...Brss..Ens...P.Fld.P.Ens.Perf..Clgd..Ens.. Score

Green Bay, WI (Packer Bowl)

1 Kosmos........................ 16.82 17.51 15.97 17.10 14.93 14.68 15.55 16.50 17.45 83.018

I am compairing with the most recent posted captions of 7/4/2005.

Edited by Brass Ablaze

Perhaps my confusion is with these two rules...

1) Each corps cannot use more than the allotted points per division

Div 1 - 140 pts.

Div 2 - 115 pts.

Div 3 - 90 pts.

Senior - 95 pts.

9) Juniors: Each corps will be awarded .2 bonus points for each show performed to go towards caption changes. These must be used as part of the 3 caption change (or 10 post-regional). I will not be responsible for number of shows you have performed for your bonus points. As the director, that's your responsibility.

Seniors: Each corps will be awarded .25 bonus points per show performed.

From this, it appears that perhaps the mistake was that either the rules were not updated to reflect 145 starting points instead of 140, or that some people thought it was 145, or I'm just a complete moron and did the math wrong or missed something in one of the captions, which is entirely possible.

or I'm just a complete moron and did the math wrong or missed something in one of the captions, which is entirely possible.

Ding ding ding... tell him what he's won Johnny! Ive double checked his captions, he is at 141 points.

probably because it is Oregon... do they have the internet there yet? :P