Long Beach Review

Great, honest review! Definitely gave me some things to think about for Stockton on Friday. Nice job.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCV-- :rock: I'm at a loss of words.  Did I just see a show that can be "blamed" on early season jitters?  Did I just hear a tired horn line maybe because they had been rehearsing all day?  Did I just see a guard performance from SCV that made me cringe a few times, not to mention, they're totally unprofessional "dress" out there?  Did I (gulp!!)...did I just see a drill design for their remaining 3 minutes of the show that in THIS observer's eyes take a major step DOWN from the first 7 minutes??????  Trust me...if you know ANYTHING about my past reviews of SCV and my adoration of this organization, those questions above were as hard for me to type as they were for some to read.

Thanks. As someone who hasn't yet been to a show this year (and won't see SCV until San Antonio, in any case) I was wondering what was going on with their scores. I do realize that the East/West judging isn't going to be synched up, but just looking at the spreads, it would seem that either 1) SCV is on a par with Bluecoats/Glassmen or 2) Mandarins/Crest are gonna make a run for the top 12. I don't know which prospect was more disturbing :-)

Is anyone on the inside aware of why they don't have their act together? I'm used to Cadets not being ready early in the season, but always thought SCV (and BD) were finished by the time they went out.

in the end, to each his own.  like what you like, and tell the world about it if you must.  but for some reason (and maybe it's just me) the announcer-staff-reviewer is perhaps one too many hyphenates. 

how do you go about hyping a corps that's about to step off the line then go home and write these withering reviews - or do you write them while you're in the box?

I believe that this is what makes Ryan a professional and a good reliable source when it comes to reviews. A review is simply the perception of the author and you do not have to agree with it. Yes that is correct you may disagree, but that is no reason to make a stabbing comment about one's obvious talent and ability to separate personal feelings to the job at hand. I thank Ryan for his opinion and appreciate his candor.

Warm up areas.....yes get the corps further away! I want to hear the show on the field not the exercises in the parking lot. Move away from the stadium. If you can see the judges box, you are too close to be warming up!! And Ryan, I was ready to stand up and yell to help you since it was obvious that the PA system was crawling into a hole to die.

Thank you Bob...that was quite generous of you. Nice solo work dude...NAILING THAT HIGH NOTE IS LIKE A SONIC LASER!!!! A piccolo soprano...sort of redundant...but awfully cool!