Cadets "beatbox"

After seeing the Cadets' show for 4 of the past 5 nights, I've been wondering why they don't get slapped with a penalty when the guy who is "beatboxing" clearly steps over the 10-foot line in front of the pit? Would anyone care to enlighten me on this one?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have there been any penalties in recent years??? :worthy:

Edited by LaSqueegee

Spirit got one at quarters in 2001... we drew a giant line around the practice field the next day to make sure it didnt happen again.

Have there been any penalties in recent years??? huh.gif

If someone knows a bit about penalties, this is the guy.

That 2 point penalty at "grand finals" was awesome!

Spirit got one at quarters in 2001... we drew a giant line around the practice field the next day to make sure it didnt happen again.

I'm pretty sure a lot of corps got penalties for quarters in 2001, that was a very interesting show as far as odd things happening in shows. Madison was (really really) late to take the field. Half of crowns drumline didn't have shakos for some reason. Not to mention other follies.

After seeing the Cadets' show for 4 of the past 5 nights, I've been wondering why they don't get slapped with a penalty when the guy who is "beatboxing" clearly steps over the 10-foot line in front of the pit? Would anyone care to enlighten me on this one?

Early in the year most shows don't even have a T&P judge - look at the recaps on dci.org and the position is usually N/A. DCI will start kicking in the penalties second half of the season.

ah it's ok, he's unstifling his creativity

oh yes, oh yes. we must follow those all important rules. oh my, oh my. what will become of us if you don't follow the rules? 10 feet not 11. 10 feet not 11. we can't go to 11 if the rules clearly state 10. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - WILL SOMEONE PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES!!!???

um... yeah.

Do their AMPS go to 11? :P