Cadets "beatbox"

The mics and amps need to go away.

well.....get going! :worthy:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosty when did this new penalty rule "allowance" begin?

Penalties don't start till July 8th? ? :worthy:

uug beatboxing on the mic. . . is it really that necissary. havent we been doing the same things with actualy drums for the last 30 ish years.

uug beatboxing on the mic. . . is it really that necissary. havent we been doing the same things with actualy drums for the last 30 ish years.

Well, I just listened to the apd from Orlando. It didn't really seem to fit in the show (not to mention it was waaay too loud compared to the rest of the recording). It was like it was just thrown in because they could. For anyone who has SEEN it - does it make more sense visually with the '"story"?

Then shouldn't all the corps be scoring 100s since June 17th?  Anything less than a 100 would be considered a penalty.

Penalties are only covered by the Timing and Penalties judge. He's not handing out penalties at this time, but I'm sure he's marking down what would be and informing the corps what they need to fix (boundry violations, for example) before July 8th. After that, this judge gets to go to town. ^0^

Umm...that's not the purpose of the T&P judge. He sees an infringment, he's suppose to mark it on his judging sheet and it get's reported on the recaps. He can't say, "hey George, I noticed that 3 minute into your second piece that a half dozen of your horns cross the 10 foot line. You know if this was after July 8th I will have to penalize you for doing that. I'll just give you a verbal warning right now, but you better fix it." wink.gif

Edited by sburstall

I don't get the big deal here. Its obviously something the corps is working (Hop himself said so), and if they don't fix it in a couple of days they will start getting docked. End of story. . .moving on.

It appears that he has to get in front of the pit. I presume to eliminate any pit noise while he 'sings'. I find the whole section intrusive bordering on obnoxious but then again, I don't get the entire show...

oh yes, oh yes.  we must follow those all important rules.  oh my, oh my.  what will become of us if you don't follow the rules?  10 feet not 11.  10 feet not 11.  we can't go to 11 if the rules clearly state 10.  FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - WILL SOMEONE PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES!!!???

um... yeah.

Yeah, I get the whole "one foot is insignificant in the scheme of things" thing. But did you see the show? Did they only step one foot over?

Also, the rule says 10 feet. So, what's really "okay"? 11 feet? 12 feet? 20 feet? The edge of the stands? The TOP of the stands? They have to set a boundary and stick to it, or else it'll just get stepped on (pun intended) by everybody.