Cadets "beatbox"

After seeing the Cadets' show for 4 of the past 5 nights, I've been wondering why they don't get slapped with a penalty when the guy who is "beatboxing" clearly steps over the 10-foot line in front of the pit? Would anyone care to enlighten me on this one?

The checks cleared.... ^0^

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The checks cleared.... ^0^

What, exactly, are you insinuating? :worthy:

well on the plus side, no amps have blown up yet.

Relax, it was a joke.  Notice the emoticon?

Ahhhhh - relaxed... emoticon noted! :P

Guest DrumCorpFan
You're asking the wrong guy to do that. Wasn't it Mr. Hopkins' bright idea to bring amps, microphones, clarinets, flutes, violins, and elephants into drum corps?  <**>

Actually, Mark Arnold was the first to officially propose amps. Hopkins championed the cause however and that is probably the only reason why there are amps in drum corps today.

We used mikes, amps, Simmons pads and sound at the beginning of 1986. We took the voluntary penalty (2 points, I believe) for every show the first two weekends, then DCM (not DCI) told us that they would start exercising their option to DQ us for every show, at the pleasure of the contest director, seeing as how we were, indeed, breaking the rules. So we scrapped the electronics (which were more to get publicity for the Knights than anything else anyway) and our drumline kicked ### anyway.

Hey, kid. Get back in the pit! That's what the line is for! You're costing the Cadets points! Maybe!

• 4 years later...

BUMP!

:blink: