Pieces never done by Corps

Sound Pieces - Oliver Nelson

Very much a Blue Devils or Madison style piece.

Oliver Nelson's Sound Piece For Jazz Orchestra was played by Madison just last year.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone done the music from the movie silverado?? it is tight

and on another note we shoule see a ABBA show...take a chance on me, dancing queen, fernando, and mama mia.......can u say 99.16 :P

How about music from Metal Gear Solid? All three of them. I know Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater's scores were both done by Harry Gregson Williams. Very nice stuff there and would work great IMO.

The main theme from Van Helsing would be schweet. Phantom could do it well. Also, the opening music for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Very sweet (no pun intended) dark, brooding, and surreal. Could see Phantom playing that as well. The music from the LOTR Trilogy would be freakin awesome too.

I don't know if this has been mentioned. I just did a quick search through DCI's archives and CorpsReps for anyone ever having done anything from Backdraft. Has anyone ever done this. It seems like such accessible (I kinda hate that word, maybe recognizable is better) music to the general fan. I mean we hear it at every Olympics and every sports recap. It is all pervasive.

I have always thought it might translate to the field. Anyone ever done it? Any recordings someone could share?

Something else I was thinking about yesterday as well was, what about adapting Buffett for the field in a a field show a la VK-style?

Just my $0.02,

Bob

I'm nuts about *Riverdance*, so I'll go with that. But only as a full show.

While there is one corps in the US that has done a Riverdance show(Pioneer 97), and a bunch of International Corps that have done a R.dance show; I still think one of the bigger corps should do it...because it really is an awesome show to do.

We were full corps that year.....128......so it can only be offered by 7 more members now.... :P

The main theme from Van Helsing would be schweet.  Phantom could do it well.  Also, the opening music for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  Very sweet (no pun intended) dark, brooding, and surreal.  Could see Phantom playing that as well.  The music from the LOTR Trilogy would be freakin awesome too.

Check out Southwind's program this year, and listen for the music from Van Helsing and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

has anyone done the music from the movie silverado?? it is tight

and on another note we shoule see a ABBA show...take a chance on me, dancing queen, fernando, and mama mia.......can u say 99.16  :P

Troopers did it in 1986. It is some great music. Check in out on DCI Season pass if you can.

I'd like to hear someone do "At the River", one of Copland's songs for voice and piano. WOuld be a beautiful ballad.