Pieces never done by Corps

With all of the music from different Dracula and other vampire movies and productions out there, I think that could be a cool theme for a show.  Some of the different music includes:

Philip Glass' orginial music for the 1931 movie version of Dracula, played by the Kronos Quartet

Dracula, the Seduction (a ballet) by Anthony di Lorenzo performed by Proteus 7

music from the 1992 movie Bram Stoker's Dracula by Wojciech Kilar

Dracula movement from Silent Movie Suite for Double Bass by Paul Ramsier

a ballet by Philip Feeney

an opera by Ron Weidberg

Interview with the Vampire by Elliot Goldenthal

Plus they could throw in the theme from the 80s movie The Lost Boys for fun or some of the music written by Christophe Beck from the television show Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Then of course there are the many, many Dracula and vampire movies that have come out, especially the Hammer Studio films from the 60s and 70s.

Pacific Crest did a Dracula show in 1999, based off of the Philip Feeney works. Actually one of my favorite shows from that year, surprisingly enough. Neat-o show, would be cool to see one of the big boys go for the same theme. I'm pretty sure there have been a couple other selections played in corps. I somehow remember hearing an old recording of the Glass piece, but I'm having a difficult time finding anything else on corpreps.. oh well. Great suggestions though! :)

Edited by PCOP_trumpet04

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to hear a powerhouse corps do the Jonny Quest theme.

If you are talking about the "original" theme from the 60s version of JQ, I've ALWAYS wanted to hear a corps do it!!

In 80 or 81, we worked up a little arrangement of it just to play with and use as a warm-up on occasion, but never got it on the field.

Sorry If this was mentioned before (I did not read all the pages!).

What about any Beethoven. I have heard of many other classical composers.

Maybe bits of symphony #6, #9

How about Chopin or Faure's georgous music. Could be excellent ballads!!

By GEORGE, I can't spell gorgeous

Sorry If this was mentioned before (I did not read all the pages!).

What about any Beethoven. I have heard of many other classical composers.

Maybe bits of symphony #6, #9

How about Chopin or Faure's georgous music. Could be excellent ballads!!

How about some King Crimson. One of the most underrated rock groups of all-times. If you look into a dictionary about progressive rock, you will probably see a picture of them and talk about some complex music. Top flight progressive rock music is what you get from King Crimson album after album. So called alternative rock music, which is beginning to get boring this days, could learn something from KC. Love to see a drum corps do some there arrangements.